Ctrl+R Stopped working for Reconcile

Options
In the last month or so Ctrl+R stopped working to reconcile accounts. I'm not sure how to get it fixed.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In the last month or so Ctrl+R stopped working to reconcile accounts. I'm not sure how to get it fixed.
    Hello @Catherine Shenoy,  

I am sorry to hear about this issue with hotkeys suddenly refusing to produce the proper results. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Also, if you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

Try adding a couple of your accounts in this new test file by navigating to the Add Account button denoted by the '+' in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. Try using the Ctrl+R hotkey in the test file to see if this behavior is still occurring. 

I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Catherine Shenoy
    Catherine Shenoy Member ✭✭
    Options
    I added a test file and a new account Ctrl+R still doesn't work
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I added a test file and a new account Ctrl+R still doesn't work
    Hello @Catherine Shenoy

I am sorry to hear that this issue is continuing across data files. Thank you for following up with me to let me know about your results.

Are you noticing that other shortcuts and hotkey combinations are experiencing the same ineffectiveness across the data files, such as any of those listed in the article linked here?

I hope to keep working with you on this, if you have the opportunity to check back in with us about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Catherine Shenoy
    Options
    Haven't noticed. I use ALT V a lot. Others are fine also
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you haven't already, I suggest you reboot Windows.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haven't noticed. I use ALT V a lot. Others are fine also
    "Alt-V"?
    What do you get when you press Alt-V, other than it opening the View Menu?
    Do you use Quicken Mac or Quicken for Windows?
    What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you using?
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    Are you running Quicken for Windows native on a Windows PC or are you running using a VM emulator?

• Catherine Shenoy
    Options
    I use Alt V in the investments transaction to enter reinvested interest or dividends.
  • Catherine Shenoy
    Options
    I’ve rebooted many times since it stopped working.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In Edit / Preferences / Setup there's a setting about keyboard mappings.
    Is it possible that this setting somehow got flipped to the other value: Windows standard vs. Quicken standard? (I always use Windows standard).
    Also see if View / Classic Menus is set and not Standard Menus. 
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I’ve rebooted many times since it stopped working.
    Does selecting Tools > Reconcile an Account... work around the issue?
  • Catherine Shenoy
    Options
    I have Keyboard Mapping set to Windows standard.
This discussion has been closed.