Upgrading from Quicken 2000 to new Windows 11 PC

Options
wxman57
wxman57 Member
I'm running Quicken 2000 Deluxe on an old Windows 7 PC. That PC is being replaced by a new PC with Windows 11. I have decades of Quicken data that I need to move to the new PC. I've read that I cannot run Quicken 2000 in a Windows 11 environment, is that true? How do I get my data files on a newer version of Quicken that will run on 11? Note that I do not care about any online features, I just use Quicken to keep track of expenses.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wxman57 said:
    I'm running Quicken 2000 Deluxe on an old Windows 7 PC. That PC is being replaced by a new PC with Windows 11. I have decades of Quicken data that I need to move to the new PC. I've read that I cannot run Quicken 2000 in a Windows 11 environment, is that true? How do I get my data files on a newer version of Quicken that will run on 11? Note that I do not care about any online features, I just use Quicken to keep track of expenses.
    No.  That is not true. 

If you do decide to upgrade, I suggest you consider upgrading to the free Quicken 2013 Deluxe.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken
  • wxman57
    wxman57 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the quick reply. My wife just reminded me that we're running Quicken Home & Business 2010, not 2000. I found the Quicken 2010 CD. How do I upgrade to the free Quicken 2013 Deluxe? Would I gain anything over 2010? All we use Quicken for is to keep track of our expenses and generate expense reports for tax time.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wxman57 said: My wife just reminded me that we're running Quicken Home & Business 2010, not 2000.
    You can always check what version ...... Help --> About Quicken

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wxman57 said:
    Thanks for the quick reply. My wife just reminded me that we're running Quicken Home & Business 2010, not 2000. I found the Quicken 2010 CD. How do I upgrade to the free Quicken 2013 Deluxe? Would I gain anything over 2010? All we use Quicken for is to keep track of our expenses and generate expense reports for tax time.
    After you install Quicken 2010, I suggest you download and apply the Quicken 2010 Release 10 Mondo patch available at: https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html

To upgrade to the free Quicken 2013 Deluxe, you would download and open: https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/ASDES5672FR13/Old_Products/QWIN/QW2013DLX.exe

As to what is different between Quicken 2010 and Quicken 2013, I'd say a lot less than between Quicken 2000 and Quicken 2010.  There should be about 3 years worth of bug fixes and new issues.  If you're happy with Quicken 2010, you can stay with Quicken 2010.  You may always install Quicken 2013 on another computer and play with it to see if you like any better.
This discussion has been closed.