Why is Quicken changing the currency for some of my accounts?

drbrining
drbrining Member ✭✭
So after the May update, in the US, Quicken changed the account currency for my manual accounts at Synchrony Bank and Citibank to Canadian from US. Why? And now I have to create a new account and import transactions that I can no longer download. [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines] And then we have only chat boards as tech support? What am I paying for? Been using this [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines] for 20 years and never had this. [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
Tagged:

Answers

• drbrining
    drbrining Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Quicken changed the currency for my manual accounts, not connected via web connect or any other, I've just about had enough of this [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]! Covid or not.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @drbrining

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you experiencing this issue and I do understand how frustrating this can be. 

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    However, if you prefer more immediate support, you may call our Quicken Support line to speak with an agent. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• drbrining
    drbrining Member ✭✭
    Val and Super Val did nothing.
  • drbrining
    drbrining Member ✭✭
    Any other ideas?
This discussion has been closed.