Missing columns in investment 'Holdings' window

Options
Cowboycork
Cowboycork Member ✭✭
edited August 2022 in Investing (Windows)
All but 3 of my accounts show Quote/Price and Shares in columns on the 'Holdings' window. Why don't the other 3?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    If you haven't already, I suggest you select Value in the Show: pull-down menu of the Holdings region of the Account Overview window: open the investment account's register and select Holdings
  • Cowboycork
    Cowboycork Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sorry, I don't see 'Show: pull-down menu of the Holdings region of the Account Overview window'. Looking at any Investment account, I only see all the transactions, along with two buttons: "Enter Transactions" and "Holdings"
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @cowboycork - what are the account types of the three accounts that don't show Quote/Price and Shares?  What type of transactions do they have?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Sorry, I don't see 'Show: pull-down menu of the Holdings region of the Account Overview window'. Looking at any Investment account, I only see all the transactions, along with two buttons: "Enter Transactions" and "Holdings"
    To view the Account Overview window of an investment account, open the investment account's register and select Holdings as previously instructed.
  • Cowboycork
    Cowboycork Member ✭✭
    Options
    Account types? Investment, Roths, SEP. I have several accounts, but the last 3 on the list (giving me this issue) are show below a light horizontal line. ---Not sure why.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Click on the Holdings button. Somewhat confusingly, this displays the Account overview window, AKA the Holdings view.
    Near the top, just below "Holdings" you should see "Show:" and then a selection dropdown box.
    If it does not say "Value" in the selection box, click on the down arrow and choose "Value"

Does that solve your problem?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Cowboycork
    Cowboycork Member ✭✭
    Options
    BUT: Choosing "Tax Implications" does make it show Shares and Prices! Thanks!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Is it possible that the Name column in the Holdings view is wider than the window, therefore pushing Price, Shares and other columns off the right edge of the window?
    If that's the case, make the window larger or drag the boundary between the Name column header and the next column to the right towards the left, making the Name column smaller.
  • Cowboycork
    Cowboycork Member ✭✭
    Options
    NO. But, Now that it's showing in the "tax" option, it starting showing in the 'Value' option. Crazy!
  • Cowboycork
    Cowboycork Member ✭✭
    Options
    Any idea/suggestions for why it takes so much effort to move an account's position in the Accounts List?
    I have to repeatedly click the little Up arrow to get a new account up into position. Why can't I drag the account up to where I want it displayed?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @cowboycork - do a "Ctrl-A" to pull up the account list, and then click on "Options" at the bottom of the window, and then at the bottom of the list you should see "Alphabetize accounts" and "Rearrange accounts".  Use either one to quickly and easily rearrange your account list.
  • Cowboycork
    Cowboycork Member ✭✭
    Options
    Oh man! That's such a time saver!!! Thanks!!!!!
  • Cowboycork
    Cowboycork Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've got an American Express account that Quicken can't seem to access (it used to). Passwords and Login match. My wife's works fine. Thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.