Zero Dollar Bills Suddenly Appeared

Options
Suddenly, I had a number of bills with zero dollars and no biller information (see attached). Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Suddenly, I had a number of bills with zero dollars and no biller information (see attached). Has anyone else seen this behavior?
    Hello @Galen Gautreaux,     

I am sorry to hear about this strange issue with blank bills appearing in the Bills & Income tab. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community, and for providing that helpful screenshot.

One question I have is this: were these blank bills added on top of any previous bills you may have created, or is it the case that the bills that were already entered had all of their associated information removed somehow? 

Either way, check the location of your data file by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that it is located on your computer and not in an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these can cause erratic program behavior and even data damage.

I look forward to hearing more from you about this, and I hope to work with you further, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Galen Gautreaux
    Galen Gautreaux Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jared, it appears that these were added, but I cannot be sure because there was no useful information in these records that I could see. I see no obvious missing bills that might suggest existing information removed.

The file is in my local file system under Documents.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Jared, it appears that these were added, but I cannot be sure because there was no useful information in these records that I could see. I see no obvious missing bills that might suggest existing information removed.

The file is in my local file system under Documents.
    Hello "Galen Gautreaux", 

Thanks for reaching out again to let me know more about the situation. I do apologize that the problem remains ongoing. 

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, proceed through the steps listed below, in order:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I look forward to hearing more from you once these recommendations have been attempted. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    It appears you may have one or more runaway reminders.  The trick to recovering is to set your system date back to a date before the reminders triggered, restore a recent data file backup, and delete the reminders.  You should then be able to reset the system date and recreate the reminders. 
  • Galen Gautreaux
    Galen Gautreaux Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've manually deleted them so they are no longer a problem. I really do not like these kinds of surprises with Quicken, and would encourage the developers to work on reliability issues like these.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    I've manually deleted them so they are no longer a problem. I really do not like these kinds of surprises with Quicken, and would encourage the developers to work on reliability issues like these.
    Hello @Galen Gautreaux

We appreciate the update and that you took this chance to tell us about the solution you chose in this situation. I do apologize for any inconvenience and the unpleasant surprise.

Feel free to reach out again anytime. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.