I don't get an One Step Update Summary screen anymore

Options
Alex S
Alex S Member ✭✭
Expected behavior: initiate a one-step update, it completes, then it pops up a summary at the end showing which accounts were successfully sync'ed and the accounts that were not (with the error code as well)

Actual behavior: After one-step update completes, there's no summary or indication that it's done. Additionally, if accounts do have an error, I won't know that it has errored unless I try to manually sync that particular account and it shows "error recovery" in the account name (or if I try to exit Quicken and it tells me update has not completed)

Attached screenshot shows the summary page that I see now when I pull it up - it's supposed to show the full account list, but shows zero accounts!

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The last online session information is maintained in the runtime.dat file within a Quicken file specific folder in the hidden \ProgramData\Quicken\Inet folder.  I suggest you exit Quicken, rename the runtime.dat file, open Quicken, examine the One Step Update Summary to confirm you have renamed the appropriate runtime.dat file. If all goes well, you may remove the renamed file.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alex S said:
    Expected behavior: initiate a one-step update, it completes, then it pops up a summary at the end showing which accounts were successfully sync'ed and the accounts that were not (with the error code as well)

Actual behavior: After one-step update completes, there's no summary or indication that it's done. Additionally, if accounts do have an error, I won't know that it has errored unless I try to manually sync that particular account and it shows "error recovery" in the account name (or if I try to exit Quicken and it tells me update has not completed)

Attached screenshot shows the summary page that I see now when I pull it up - it's supposed to show the full account list, but shows zero accounts!
    Flip the settings at the bottom of the OSU Summary screen.
    Put a checkmark in "Show just the last update".
    Remove the checkmark from "Show this window only when there are errors". <- that's what's hiding the OSU Summary from view at the end of OSU.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The bottom [X] for showing the OSU Summary get confused between accounts with Direct Connect vs Express Web Connect.
    SO... sometimes that Summary is not displayed...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Alex S
    Alex S Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Sherlock said:
    > The last online session information is maintained in the runtime.dat file within a Quicken file specific folder in the hidden \ProgramData\Quicken\Inet folder.  I suggest you exit Quicken, rename the runtime.dat file, open Quicken, examine the One Step Update Summary to confirm you have renamed the appropriate runtime.dat file. If all goes well, you may remove the renamed file.

Tried this, but upon re-launching Quicken it goes into an error state stating my data file could not be found.

> @UKR said:
    > Flip the settings at the bottom of the OSU Summary screen.
    > Put a checkmark in "Show just the last update".
    > Remove the checkmark from "Show this window only when there are errors". <- that's what's hiding the OSU Summary from view at the end of OSU.

This issue isn't that the OSU Summary page isn't coming up, it's that the actual listing of accounts and their actual status, which should be on the OSU Summary page, isn't there. They should be listed right above "Services update" as per the screenshot attached in the OP. Nevertheless, I attempted your method in case I was misunderstanding your reply, but it did not resolve my issue.

> @Ps56k2 said:
    > The bottom [X] for showing the OSU Summary get confused between accounts with Direct Connect vs Express Web Connect.SO... sometimes that Summary is not displayed...

Not sure what you mean by "bottom [X]". Can you explain?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alex S said:
    > @Sherlock said:
    > The last online session information is maintained in the runtime.dat file within a Quicken file specific folder in the hidden \ProgramData\Quicken\Inet folder.  I suggest you exit Quicken, rename the runtime.dat file, open Quicken, examine the One Step Update Summary to confirm you have renamed the appropriate runtime.dat file. If all goes well, you may remove the renamed file.

Tried this, but upon re-launching Quicken it goes into an error state stating my data file could not be found.

You did not follow the directions.  I suggest you try again.
This discussion has been closed.