Importing history from Mint - import worked but the totals are wrong

Options
kd60
kd60 Member
I have years of bank account transactions in Mint that I tried exporting to CSV, then importing into Quicken Mac. The import seems to have worked but the totals are wrong (i.e. bank account balance does not match what is shown in Mint and on bank website.)

I am using Quicken Premier Version 6.8.1 (Build 608.44845.100) on macOS 10.15.7

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I'd start by checking the opening balance, both in Mint and Quicken. If that's not an issue, then you're going to have to go through to find out where the discrepancy arises. Quicken shows you a running balance of every date; does Mint do the same? If so, start by checking the balance every December 31, starting at the beginning, to see if things are wrong from the start or if they start out okay but then get off somewhere down the line. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kd60 said: I have years of bank account transactions in Mint
    Is it only 1 account - and as @jacobs mentioned - you need to determine if it was in balance at some point, then went off.   Also - the Opening Balance could be the culprit - look toward the beginning, and see how things compare....
    It's just a brute force effort - look at the very beginning, and then march forward at various points to see if still in balance.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.