New MacBook Pro Keyboard Problem with Quicken for Mac

Options
MZK
MZK Member ✭✭
I just transferred my data from my old iMac to my new MacBook Pro. I'm editing the most recent download from my bank. I hit the "return" key to get to the next line, and nothing happens except it takes me back to the Date field of the transaction. I've checked the forum and can't see a fix for it.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Were you previously using the current Quicken Mac, or did you just move from Quicken 2007 to Quicken Mac? The modern program doesn't have an always-open empty transaction like Quicken 2007 did. This is initially annoying to all of us longtime Quicken 2007 users, but you get used to it fairly quickly. The trick, if you're entering multiple transactions, is to not press Return to save one transaction and then have to click New or press Command-N to start the next transaction; instead, when you're ready to save a transaction and start entering the next, press Command-N instead of Enter. That makes it more like Quicken 2007, with one keystroke needed; it's just doing Command-N instead of Return.

If you were already using Quicken Mac, what you describe sounds like normal behavior; nothing has changed in your switch to a new Mac. Pressing Return in Quicken Mac always saves the transaction being entered or edited. If you want to edit multiple transactions in your register, you need to press Enter and either click on the next transaction or use the arrow keys to move up or down to the next transaction. If you want tot edit a transaction and then enter a new one from scratch, press Command-N to save the one you've edited and open a new, blank transaction. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.