Investing page changed: "Totals in Canadian Dollar"

Options
temco_rep
temco_rep Member ✭✭
edited August 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I'm in Ohio, how do I change that setting? Why did the update change this?

Comments

• temco_rep
    temco_rep Member ✭✭
    Options
    update- I found the "Currency" dropdown top left . I changed to "US Dollar" and all investments are blank. ?
  • temco_rep
    temco_rep Member ✭✭
    Options
    update: I called support. Rep told me to restore from backup. Tried, no diff.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you using?
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    Quicken for Windows or Quicken for Mac?
    Is your subscription expired or still active?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    If you're using Quicken for Windows check in Tools / Currency List which currency is selected as your "Home Currency" and set it to US$

• temco_rep
    temco_rep Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi UKR,
    US Deluxe for Win, 42.8 ,
    Sub still good til 8/2022

I called back and got another rep, He suggested the Mondo patch,
    Did that, no change

I'll check your idea, thank you!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• temco_rep
    temco_rep Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi UKR, thanks again for the help. So more study into this reveals that even though its set at Canadian dollars (currency list) , a random check of balances show everything is fine. I think I'm going to leave it. fyi... When I go to the Currency List and change to US, all balances drop? But that is with the Canadian dollar still in the drop down currency in the investing page. When I change it to US, the page goes blank. See second pic. This is a head scratcher.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did you notice the message about Placeholders in one of the pictures you sent?
    Resolve the Placeholders to see if that clears up the problems

About Placeholders (Quicken Windows)

"N/A" in certain fields of an investment transaction indicates that you have Placeholder transactions in your account that need to be deleted and replaced with the correct Buy / Sell / etc. transaction that should have been recorded here.
    For more about Placeholders please go into Quicken Help (press the F1 key from anywhere in Quicken) and perform a Contents search for "placeholder".
    Alternatively or in addition to the above, please read https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216694

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    temco_rep said:
    update- I found the "Currency" dropdown top left . I changed to "US Dollar" and all investments are blank. ?
    US Deluxe for Win, 42.8
    Are you actually using and enabled the [x] Multi Currency feature ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ps56k2 said:
    temco_rep said:
    Are you actually using and enabled the [x] Multi Currency feature ?

Isn't there a difference between the US and the Canadian versions? IIRC, Multicurrency is always on in Canada and not selectable.
    There are other differences between US and Canada ... and hope that the programmers are aware of that and don't mix US code into the Canadian version, thus causing all the "accounts keep changing currency" issues that were reported recently.

• temco_rep
    temco_rep Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hello, I'll look at the place holders but I don't believe that is the problem. What are you thoughts on why the screen doesn't populate any securities when I change the drop down currency to US?
    Also, See the new pic... Multicurrency support is checked x . Should I uncheck an try again?
  • temco_rep
    temco_rep Member ✭✭
    Options
    ok friends, I unchecked the "Multicurrency support" box and that put it back the way it used to be! Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. Thanks again for all you do for us. I wonder why that changed?
This discussion has been closed.