Banking Errors Continue.

WrangerDave
WrangerDave Member ✭✭
For the past month or so I've been getting error messages when attempting to download transactions to my Mac Quicken files. The error messages range from "Incorrect credentials" to "unable to connect". There seem to vary every day from one bank to another. [Removed - 3rd-Party Software Request]

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    For the past month or so I've been getting error messages when attempting to download transactions to my Mac Quicken files. The error messages range from "Incorrect credentials" to "unable to connect". There seem to vary every day from one bank to another. [Removed - 3rd-Party Software Request]
    Hello @Wranger Dave

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by these error messages when attempting to make use of online banking services. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community. 

First, when did these error messages begin? Can you specify which financial institutions you have noticed are associated with the accounts affected by this error message thus far? Also, if you have noticed any error codes, providing these would help us greatly in our efforts to achieve a resolution.

I hope to hear more from you about this, and I intend to assist you further, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • WrangerDave
    WrangerDave Member ✭✭
    This is not the first contact I've had with "Jason" as has been going on since early June. The banks I work with are Fifth Third & Citi bank. As stated in earlier comment I never know which error message I'm going to get as it varies from day to day. I have submitted the errors numerous times to Quicken Support but it never gets corrected.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    This is not the first contact I've had with "Jason" as has been going on since early June. The banks I work with are Fifth Third & Citi bank. As stated in earlier comment I never know which error message I'm going to get as it varies from day to day. I have submitted the errors numerous times to Quicken Support but it never gets corrected.
    Hello @WrangerDave

Thank you for getting back to me about this. I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Currently, there are Open Alerts regarding Fifth Third as well as Citi bank concerning connectivity issues that may be related to the situation you are describing. You can follow the links provided here, here and here for any additional information and any future updates that may be made available.

I hope that is helpful.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @WranglerDave Have you actually done a phone & screen share session with Quicken Support, or did you just use Report a Problem? The latter provides you no feedback, and if the triage person at Quicken can't replicate the problem you describe (which may be financial institution or even account-specific), then they likely discard the report. If you talk with Quicken Support, and they can see what you're seeing, they can either walk through ways to try to fix the errors or document a problem to be escalated to Intuit, their service provider. Some issues with specific financial institutions get corrected fairly quickly, but many take multiple weeks or months, depending on the complexity, which party needs to make changes, etc. 

I'm not sure if you're looking for help from those of us on this site, or if you just want to vent your frustration. ;) If you're looking for help, it would be useful to go through the specific of which financial institution, which connection method, and what specific message you're getting. Sometimes when "unable to connect" is a transient problem, it's because the financial institution simply cost off and restores external access to its servers, but it's impossible to offer clear-cut help without going through the specifics. Or, as I suggested, do a phone call with Quicken Support, hope that you get a good representative, and ask them to screen share with you and work on the problem(s).
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • WrangerDave
    WrangerDave Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I have spent several hours at different times with both Quicken Support and the technical groups at each bank. Unfortunately they all point their fingers at the other group so no help there. I have shared my screens, installed quicken and started with new files, etc.

As to your suggestion about venting, that is part of the reason for this [Removed - 3rd-Party Software Request]. I've been a Quicken user since the mid '90's and hate to leave but this is getting past ridiculous.
  • WrangerDave
    WrangerDave Member ✭✭
    Jared, I have followed the links you provided and have attempted any and all "fixes" which didn't work. What can I say!
This discussion has been closed.