Mortgage payment

Options
carolinva
carolinva Member ✭✭
My mortgage payment has changed. I need help changing the scheduled payment! Where can I do that at?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    carolinva said:
    I have edited the monthly payment and updated the balance. The payment for August was automatically entered in the register but it still shows the old amount. I guess I am used to the old way of doing it - first time I've tried to straighten the problem out - have just been changing it in the register. I would like to go back to having it do it automatically. Should I delete the account and start all over again. I am thoroughly lost
    If you have been editing the payment transaction in the register appropriately, you shouldn't need to change anything else.   The update you applied to the payment reminder should appear when the next payment transaction is entered for September.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To edit the loan payment, open the loan account and select edit below MONTHLY PAYMENT beside the current payment amount at the upper right of the view.   If the terms of the loan changed and this is an offline loan account, you would select Edit terms... instead.
  • carolinva
    carolinva Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have edited the monthly payment and updated the balance. The payment for August was automatically entered in the register but it still shows the old amount. I guess I am used to the old way of doing it - first time I've tried to straighten the problem out - have just been changing it in the register. I would like to go back to having it do it automatically. Should I delete the account and start all over again. I am thoroughly lost
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    carolinva said:
    If you have been editing the payment transaction in the register appropriately, you shouldn't need to change anything else.   The update you applied to the payment reminder should appear when the next payment transaction is entered for September.
  • carolinva
    carolinva Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you! I'll watch it in September
This discussion has been closed.