how to install Quicken 2015 on windows 11 - The patch did not work

Options
how to install quicken 2015 on windows 11the patch works on my old pc but will not work on new pc

Best Answers

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @""Walter L Pettit"

The programming for Quicken 2015 was finished prior to Windows 11 coming out.
    Many programs that are old will not run in Windows 11.

I believe it is time, that you upgrade your copy of Quicken 2015 to Quicken Subscription for Windows 11 and your other computers.

Or you can submit Feedback to Microsoft and ask them.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Walter L Pettit
    Did you rename your data file?  Unless you have a need to know every time you restored a backup without renaming the file, your file name is way too long.  I don't know what the limit is for the length of a Windows file name, but my guess you are getting close to it.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How did it not work on the Win11 computer?  What error message did you get?

• Walter L Pettit
    Walter L Pettit Member ✭✭
    Options
    it wanted a password I got a blank screen at the bottom it said password trouble. when the download was done i loaded the patch it ran & then the screen said run quicken & i got the blank screen
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Are you downloading and installing the Quicken 2015 R17.4 Mondo patch from Quicken 2015 Patches - QuicknPerlWiz?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Walter L Pettit
    Options
    yes I loaded quicken on other pc with this patch will not work on my new Dell pc
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @""Walter L Pettit"

The programming for Quicken 2015 was finished prior to Windows 11 coming out.
    Many programs that are old will not run in Windows 11.

I believe it is time, that you upgrade your copy of Quicken 2015 to Quicken Subscription for Windows 11 and your other computers.

Or you can submit Feedback to Microsoft and ask them.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Walter L Pettit
    Options
    when I load quicken 2015 & run patch this is the screen I get
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when I load quicken 2015 & run patch this is the screen I get
    Check your filename length. Quicken can get picky about it if it is longer than eight characters, 12345678.QDF. 
    Also check that there is not a space at the end before the period.
    Rename it in Windows Explorer with Quicken closed. Once renamed, double click on the file to start Quicken with that file, after that, it should find it on its own.
    The old file name will still be in the Recent File list (File menu), but if you select it, Quicken will tell you it can't find it and offer to remove it from the Recent File list.
    When you do a restore, you really need to remove the date from the file's name, and maybe in this case changing the "12" to "13" to make it different if you don't want to overwrite the existing data file.

• Walter L Pettit
    Options
    it works!! I loaded q 2015 when done i loaded patch then right click on Q icon click properties click compatibility select run in windows 8, apply. Had to make new user to run Quicken. it errors when run as administrator
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Walter L Pettit
    Did you rename your data file?  Unless you have a need to know every time you restored a backup without renaming the file, your file name is way too long.  I don't know what the limit is for the length of a Windows file name, but my guess you are getting close to it.

• Jesus2828
    Jesus2828 Member
    Options
    did you find out what the maximum length is?
  • Walter L Pettit
    Options
    i fixed my problem Thanks
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jesus2828 said:
    did you find out what the maximum length is?
    That's not documented anywhere I can find. In older versions supporting extended file names, the file name length was somewhere in the neighborhood of 50
    Never ending file names like the one shown in the image above with multiple embedded date stamps are not recommended. "Keep it short!" as they used to say in phone booths (remember those?)
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If your file name is getting long with dates added on the end that usually  means you have been backing up the file with the date added.  Then using the new backup file as the current file.  Then have done that over and over each time you back up.  After you back up you should keep using the current file.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Robert E
    Options
    I also am having this problem moving Quicken 2015 Premier Version R17.4 Build 24.1.17.4 to a new Dell Windows 11 laptop.

I followed the instructions in the video from Intuit (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbZos_Ru_Lo) and end up on the screen as Walter Pettit did sans phone number splash at the bottom (https://us.v-cdn.net/6031128/uploads/editor/cf/yi8bxcr3hs7u.jpg). Clicking on "Create new ID for your data ......" at the bottom brings a screen up titled "Sign in as a different user". Typing "yes" in the box at the bottom of the screen and clicking on "Sign Out" exits me from Quicken.

Trying to run the program under Windows 8 leads nowhere.

Bob.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Robert E
    This thread is about moving a different version, but the concept should still apply:
    Migrating Quicken 2017 from old to new computer - Quicken Data Access Guarantee — Quicken

This discussion has been closed.