Bill manager

Options
Now that Chase Direct Connect is going away, I'm thinking of possibly going with Quicken's Bill Manager.

I have always paid my bills from the register, so I have some questions.

1. There are a number of bills that I pay from both my personal and business accounts. For example, if my electric bill is $100, I would pay $60 from my personal checking account and $40 from my business checking account. Can I still do this?

2. When I pay a bill to a supplier I always use the split transaction window to include sub headings like different products, shipping fees, etc. Can I still do that with Bill Manager?

3. When paying a bill via Bill Manager, after paying the bill, does it go into the checking account register?

Hoping I can do all the above. My only other options are paying checks manually with my printer, changing banks (very painful), or doing double entry into Chase online bill payment, and recording it in Quicken.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quick Pay is not equivalent to the bank bill pay you have been using.  Quick Pay may only be used to pay online bills obtain from online billers supporting the third-party bill aggregation service payment.  Quick Pay is the equivalent of signing into the online biller's payment portal.  

Note: Check Pay may be used to send check by mail to any one in the US.  It's the equivalent of printing and mailing a check using Quicken.

Instead of Quick Pay, I suggest you consider using setting up auto-pay with your online billers.  We have most of our bills charged to a cash back credit card and use our bank's free online bill pay portal to pay our remaining bills.  The only pain occurs when we need to reset the credit card account.
    1. No.   Quick Pay may not split an online bill payment across accounts.
    2. Yes.  An online bill may be linked to a bill reminder with a split transaction.
    3. Yes.  An online bill may be linked to a bill reminder that enters the transaction in a register.
    Note:  The switch to Express Web Connect+ is likely to be bumpy.  
  • DigitalDawn
    DigitalDawn Member
    Options
    Thank you for your help.

What is Express Web Connect+, and how is it different than Direct Connect?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for your help.

What is Express Web Connect+, and how is it different than Direct Connect?
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: My explanation of the different term/services that Quicken has provides and provided in the past.
  • DigitalDawn
    DigitalDawn Member
    Options
    Good explanations. Thanks. I guess I will have to play with all this.
This discussion has been closed.