Quicken crashes when using the Bills and Income Tab

Options
Quicken crashes every time I access any function on the Bills & Income Tab regardless of what I do. I've been having this problem for months. I've spent numerous hours dealing with this issue and have sent in dozens of Crash reports. Not a word from Quicken!  Yesterday I spent several hours on the phone with Quicken tech support and no resolution. We even set up brand new Quicken data files and we (the tech rep and I) had precisely the same issue. Quicken is totally unstable when using the Bills & Income tab. 

I have managed to delete all the Online Bills and as of now, I no longer use that part of the program... a total waste of time!   

I now have to go to all my online billers, and check their web site to find out what payments are due and their due dates. I use their website to draft my bank account for the payment. I no longer use Quicken to pay bills. 

[Edited for Readability]

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    After starting Quicken, do you go directly to that set of menus…?
    In the past, when I had similar problems, I would access any Register,
    and then go to the Bills & Income or Calendar, or other fragile areas… 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken crashes, hangs or loops at startup?

If you haven't done so already, please try this:

• Reboot Windows.
    • Close Quicken (or do not start it at all).
    • Use Windows File Explorer to locate and rename your current Quicken data file. For example, if it's called Qdata.QDF rename it to QdataX.QDF
      Usually your file is located in your C:\Users\_your_username_\Documents\Quicken folder.
    • Having done that start Quicken as usual from the Start Menu or Desktop Quicken icon.
      If Quicken cannot find your current data file during startup it should just simply load the program and give you either a nearly blank menu screen or one that has options to start as new user, restore from backup, etc.
    • If you get to this point without Quicken crashing
      • click on File in the Menu bar. Select the Validate function. Select the renamed Quicken data file and see if Quicken can access and repair it.
      • If the data file is beyond repair, try to restore your data file from the most recent Manual or Automatic backup. Go back to restoring successively older backups until you find a file that works
        https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data
  • John Nastasi
    John Nastasi Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I went through that process with the Quicken tech support rep. Quicken loads without issues and I can do all register activities without any issues. Validate and Super validate show no errors.
    I've even copied the data file using the copy function in Quicken and then loaded the new copied data file. No issues except for the Bills & Income tab. 

Yesterday the Rep had me create a new file, create a bank register and then try to create a Bill & Income entry. The program still crashes in the Bills & Income tab regardless of what I try to do in the section.  It will even crash when I just move the mouse in the Bills & Income tab. 

Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If it isn't an issue with the Quicken data file, then your installed Quicken software and Windows itself remain as the only suspects.
    What version of Windows are you using?
    Try to eliminate a messed up Quicken software installation. Uninstall Quicken and then reinstall it as outlined above.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • John Nastasi
    John Nastasi Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    No luck on repairing .NET, still crashes. I'm using Win 11 22H2
  • John Nastasi
    John Nastasi Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    OK, I think the problem is resolved, I did a complete re-installations of Windows 11 and now everything appears to be working. Let's hope it's fixed. Not sure why Quicken only crashed in the Bills & Income tab, but if it's fixed, then so be it :) 
This discussion has been closed.