setting up S&L checking account

Options
Is there any way to set up an S & L checking account (for which only web connect is available) in Quicken Deluxe for Windows with an accurate balance? or any other Quicken version?

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You mean manually?  Sure you can set up any account.   Start with the beginning balance or zero then enter the transactions.  How far do you want to go back?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not exactly following what you are asking.  Note that a Web Connect/QFX file has an ending balance in it, and for at least the first import what Quicken is going to do is use that ending balance and back calculate the opening balance based on the transactions in the Web Connect/QFX file, and then put that in as the opening balance transaction.

Or maybe you are just wondering how to create the account in the first place.  If you go down the route of adding in an "online account" Quicken is going to want to create a Direct Connect or Express Web Connect account, which won't work in this case.   So, what you have to do is first create an Offline account and then you can import the Web Connect/QFX file to get the transactions into it.

You can do the import with:
    File -> File Import -> Web Connect (.QFX) File...

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.