CITIBANK security causing inaccurate Net Worth report

Options
rm_corley
rm_corley Member
I have managed a long standing holding of Citibank stock (ticker C) in Quicken for many years. On 3/15/2022 I purchased 300 shares and observed that the transaction caused inaccurate Net Worth reporting to the tune of (-92,233,720,368,547,758.00) - a very big negative number.

I've confirmed quote history year-to-date is accurate. I confirmed that when the transaction if deleted, Net Worth reporting is accurate without the additional Citibank shares. When the transaction is re-entered on 3/15/2022 or other date, the impact to Net Worth is as mentioned above.

I'm using Quicken via subscription version R42.8 build 27.1.42.8.

Please help!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    @rm_corley - I found a post that may help you resolve your issue

(The formatting is bad because I had to copy and paste the post here.  The post had been archived)

Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    May 2019 edited January 23

Bad or corrupted investment lot records in Quicken for Windows may cause "*******" to appear in transaction amount details and results in a -92,000,000,000+ balance that cannot be resolved via Validate & Repair, rebuilding lots or deleting and re-entering the transactions.

Users may also receive a "Amount too large" error when attempting to edit transactions.

This issue has been reported to Development for further investigation, in the meantime, this issue may be corrected manually with the following steps:

1.  Print a report of all the transactions for the affected security in the account displaying the invalid amounts.  (Reports > Investing > Investment Transactions)
        2.  Create a backup of the Quicken Data File through the File menu > Backup & Restore.
        3.  Next, create a empty, manual investment account called "temp", deleting the opening balance transaction once created. (Tools > Add Account > Brokerage > Advanced Setup > I want to enter my transactions manually)
        4.  Use the "Move investment transactions" feature (investment register gear wheel icon menu) to move the affected security transactions to the empty "temp" account we created.
        5.  Use "Export to QIF" to export the same transactions in the "temp" account to a text file. (File > Export File > QIF File)
        6.  Use "Import from QIF" to import the transactions back into the original account. (File > Import File > QIF File)
        7.  Delete the "temp" account.
        8.  Compare the imported transactions against the printed report to check for errors, correcting any issues found.

Please Note: 

1.  If there are specific lot assignments assigned to the security, they will be lost during the Import/Export process and will need to be re-assigned.

2.  Acquisition dates for Added lots (if different than the transaction date) will also be lost during the Import/Export process.
  • rm_corley
    rm_corley Member
    Options
    Damian,

Appreciate you pointing me to a solution. The instructions resolved the problem.

Thank you!

Bob
This discussion has been closed.