Adding Securities

Options
jhc262
jhc262 Member
edited August 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I have encountered two issues when adding securities. First when typing the symbol in the box, Quicken does not look up the symbol and enter the security name - just sits there with the spinning wheel. Entering the security manually works as expected except for the second issue. It will not allow me to enter one of my securities. I manually entered all the information and when clicking "done" the list of securities does not show the one I just entered. The symbol is KDHAX. The symbol is accurate as Google recognizes it and will display the security information. Any help here will be appreciated.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On your 2nd problem: What is the Security Type you have selected? Stock, Mutual Fund?
    It cannot be "Market Index" as that's reserved for true market indices like Dow Jones, S&P, etc. It cannot be used for mutual funds or other securities saying they "follow a market index".
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KDHAX works OK for me.

Possibly you have already entered that security but it is hidden. Go to Tools > Security List and check the Show hidden securities box at the bottom. If you see the security and its Hide box is checked, un-hide it.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.