Can No Longer Download Capital One Auto Loan Transactions

dqwiggi
dqwiggi Quicken Windows 2017 Member ✭✭
I have been able to download transactions from our Capital One Auto Loan until approximate four weeks ago. At that time I received a message that the bank requested reauthorization. However, when I attempt to reauthorize, I receive a message that there is an error in the password or ID. The ID and password work properly to access the account online, so there is no error.

I have seen a history of trouble accessing Capital One accounts, but I did not find my problem or a solution. I have deleted the account and attempted to re-install synchronize, but I receive the same message--the password and ID are not accepted. Is there a solution?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Quicken Mac Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    dqwiggi said:
    I have been able to download transactions from our Capital One Auto Loan until approximate four weeks ago. At that time I received a message that the bank requested reauthorization. However, when I attempt to reauthorize, I receive a message that there is an error in the password or ID. The ID and password work properly to access the account online, so there is no error.

I have seen a history of trouble accessing Capital One accounts, but I did not find my problem or a solution. I have deleted the account and attempted to re-install synchronize, but I receive the same message--the password and ID are not accepted. Is there a solution?
    Hello @dqwiggi,   

I am sorry to hear about this issue with loan account updates. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, have you noticed any prompts in your online banking profile with your Capital One accounts regarding third-party access to your banking institution's online services? You may have to search your online profile for menu items concerning third-party software access. If you have already attempted making use of such settings and are still noticing this message regarding errors in credentials, please see below.

Are you making use of any Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), antivirus software, pop-up blockers, or firewalls? If so, it may be necessary to remove these or turn them off in order to troubleshoot this issue further, as they can cause issues with online connectivity that may result in the situation you are describing.

I look forward to your reply, and I hope to continue working with you on this issue in the future, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Which setup link are you trying to use?  I believe you should be trying to get your auto loan set up with the Cap One Auto Finance link.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R59.10 on Windows 11

This discussion has been closed.