Quicken no longer launches

Options
jdh5153
jdh5153 Member
Everything worked fine when I installed Quicken yesterday but now it no longer launches. Everything is up to date. Shift clicking doesn't work, and I left everything on the default settings when I set it up.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jdh5153 said:
    Everything worked fine when I installed Quicken yesterday but now it no longer launches. Everything is up to date. Shift clicking doesn't work, and I left everything on the default settings when I set it up.
    Hello @jdh5153

I am sorry to hear about this issue with the program refusing to open. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, have you tried uninstalling the program making use of the steps listed in the Support Article linked here, and then reinstalling the program using the steps listed here?

I hope to hear back from you about this, and I intend to continue corresponding with you about the problem, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jdh5153
    jdh5153 Member
    Options
    Honestly not going to bother reinstalling, if I can't get it working I'll ask for a refund I guess... Not impressed.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    jdh5153 said:
    Honestly not going to bother reinstalling, if I can't get it working I'll ask for a refund I guess... Not impressed.
    @jdh5153 Well, there are hundreds of thousands or millions of people using Quicken Mac software every day, so there's clearly something not quite right in your set-up on your Mac. ;)

If you're interested in help trying to get it straightened out, folks here would be happy to help troubleshoot and get you up and running; if you prefer to give up, we won't belabor it.

I would start by asking what exactly you're doing to try to launch Quicken. Are you double-clicking the data file you created? Double-Clicking the app in the Applications folder? Selecting an icon you installed in the Dock? When you say "shift clicking doesn't work," could you clarify what you're doing? 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.