Transactions listing by date

Options
simpsonkr37
simpsonkr37 Unconfirmed, Member
:( I want all transactions LISTED BY DATE - All of the so-called update makes the software even more unworkable. Quicken used to be excellent for bank accounts [Removed - Disruptive]. I can't get it to list transactions by date - the little arrow at the top doesn't work as it should. I am extremely unhappy with this software.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    It's not bad software, there's just something you're doing incorrectly. Quicken Mac absolutely lists transactions in date order, and nothing has changed about how this part of the user interface works in many years. So let's try to find the problem you're experiencing…

Do you have just one account in Quicken, or multiple accounts? If you are trying to see all transactions from all accounts together in date order, click All Transactions at the top of the left sidebar. If you just want to see transactions in a single account in date order, click on that account in the left sidebar. 

Then, look at the column headings and click on Date. It should look like this, with the text in blue, bold, with a blue line above the heading, and an arrow pointing down ("v" or up "^"):

Each time you click on the Date heading, it will reverse the sort order from ascending to descending back to ascending. Some people prefer to see the transactions in ascending date order and add new transactions at the bottom. This is the way the old Quicken 2007 worked. When I moved from Quicken 2007 to modern Quicken Mac, I switched to having my newest transactions at the top, because I find I do less moving around the screen this way. But the program lets you work whichever way you prefer.

If you click on any other heading, such as Payee, it will sort the transactions by that column instead of by date. so you could click on Payee if you want to see an alphabetical list of payees, or Check # to see your checks in numerical order — and then click back on Date to restore the normal sort in date order.

If you've clicked on the Date heading and your transactions are not in date order going up or down, please post back with more information about what you're seeing. A screen shot could be really helpful. (Crop or black out any personal data you don't want to share.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.