Problems with Alphabet Inc (GOOGLE SPLIT update?

Options
Joe7
Joe7 Member ✭✭
edited August 2022 in Investing (Windows)
While updating Investment portfolio, the 20 for 1 split updated the shares correctly, but is showing the day change UP $105 when it's actually down $2.
Can Intuit please address this?

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Intuit has not 'owned' the Quicken software for many years.  They will not be addressing this.

Now, at end of trading day, GOOG shows a 'Day Change" of -2.857.  Earlier, I might have seen a 100+ number but I am not positive about that.  Maybe it has now been corrected. 

I did find it necessary to 'correct' historical prices for 7/11-7/15 and a few other scattered dates (multiplying the $100+ values by a factor of 20), but I do not believe that is a facto for this post.   
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hi @Joe7,

That (stock split) data (as well are price info) is not provided by Quicken.  Rather, it is being provided by your broker when you perform a download and/or by a stock quote service.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd read somewhere that after the split there was an unexpected and unexplained short-term price spike.  It was corrected quickly once the trading began.  Maybe that is what you saw?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.