All Credit Cards Stopped Updating in June after updating to R41.19

Options
Jnic
Jnic Member ✭✭✭
At the end of May I posted a discussion “No Transactions Downloaded After Update on Credit Card Accounts” and received helpful responses. When I update all of my credit cards, I would get the flag indicating that I had transactions available, but, sometime there were no transaction actually to download… just the flag. I tried several of the “fixes” suggested to no avail. As the accounts would actually update when transactions were posted, I just let it be.

I have recently received bills from all my credit card accounts for June, however when I tried to reconcile them, I realized that all accounts (not just Chase) stopped updating as of the end of June. Not a single transaction in any of my accounts had updated during July.

When I do an update, they all appear to process normally; just no transactions are downloaded even though there are many available. In checking my records, it turns out that I updated Quicken to R41.19 the first of July. That is when I noticed that the flag problem was resolved. Perhaps it’s a coincidence, perhaps not.

So, I’m back again to see if anyone else is having this problem and to ask for suggestions for how to fix it. I could go back to the version of Quicken prior to R41.19 or go forward to the latest version and see what happen. I actually could try a lot of things. However, I’d like to see if the community has any advice on what actually will work before I jump into trying to fix this and make things worse. I have Quicken Premier on a Windows 10 computer running R41.19 Build 27.1.41.19.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jnic said:
    At the end of May I posted a discussion “No Transactions Downloaded After Update on Credit Card Accounts” and received helpful responses. When I update all of my credit cards, I would get the flag indicating that I had transactions available, but, sometime there were no transaction actually to download… just the flag. I tried several of the “fixes” suggested to no avail. As the accounts would actually update when transactions were posted, I just let it be.

I have recently received bills from all my credit card accounts for June, however when I tried to reconcile them, I realized that all accounts (not just Chase) stopped updating as of the end of June. Not a single transaction in any of my accounts had updated during July.

When I do an update, they all appear to process normally; just no transactions are downloaded even though there are many available. In checking my records, it turns out that I updated Quicken to R41.19 the first of July. That is when I noticed that the flag problem was resolved. Perhaps it’s a coincidence, perhaps not.

So, I’m back again to see if anyone else is having this problem and to ask for suggestions for how to fix it. I could go back to the version of Quicken prior to R41.19 or go forward to the latest version and see what happen. I actually could try a lot of things. However, I’d like to see if the community has any advice on what actually will work before I jump into trying to fix this and make things worse. I have Quicken Premier on a Windows 10 computer running R41.19 Build 27.1.41.19.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Hello @Jnic

I am sorry to hear about this problem with accounts failing to update. Thank you for bringing this matter before the Quicken Community for discussion.

First, where is your current active data file located? You can find this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the data file is being stored on your computer, as storing this on external drives or cloud-based storage services can cause erratic program behavior and even data damage.

Next, how often do you save backups? We recommend saving backups often by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu mentioned previously. Provided that this has occurred frequently, it should be possible to restore from a backup saved just prior to the emergence of this issue by going into the same menu and selecting File > Restore a Backup... 

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to hearing more from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Jnic
    Jnic Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jared.
    Thanks for your quick response. Quicken file is on my PC's drive not a network drive. I have been using Quicken for many years now and I save backups every time I work with Quicken. I hold them for about two weeks then delete them. Since this problem appears to have started in early July, I don't have a backup file that goes that far back. However, I keep a Mondo patches of prior versions and could go back to the version prior to the R41.19 update.

One other interesting fact. After some more research, I discovered that there is 1 credit card that has been updating. That credit card is using Direct Connect. While all the others, that stopped updating, are using Express Web Connect. Any thoughts on why only these are the only ones not updating? Should I try to change them to Direct Connect?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jnic said:
    Hi Jared.
    Thanks for your quick response. Quicken file is on my PC's drive not a network drive. I have been using Quicken for many years now and I save backups every time I work with Quicken. I hold them for about two weeks then delete them. Since this problem appears to have started in early July, I don't have a backup file that goes that far back. However, I keep a Mondo patches of prior versions and could go back to the version prior to the R41.19 update.

One other interesting fact. After some more research, I discovered that there is 1 credit card that has been updating. That credit card is using Direct Connect. While all the others, that stopped updating, are using Express Web Connect. Any thoughts on why only these are the only ones not updating? Should I try to change them to Direct Connect?
    @Jnic,

Thank you for reaching out again and letting me know more about what's happening. I am sorry for the trouble this is causing.

First, can you name the financial institutions associated with the affected accounts? I can offer more information about changing the connection method after I know more about this.

I hope to hear back from you soon. 

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
  • Jnic
    Jnic Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jared,
    The three credit card banks that are troublesome and using Express Web Connect are Chase, Bank of America and Citi. The only credit card downloading transactions, using Direct Connect, is Wells Fargo. All other accounts banks, brokerage etc. use Direct Connect and are working fine.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jnic said:
    Hi Jared,
    The three credit card banks that are troublesome and using Express Web Connect are Chase, Bank of America and Citi. The only credit card downloading transactions, using Direct Connect, is Wells Fargo. All other accounts banks, brokerage etc. use Direct Connect and are working fine.
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method if available instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
  • Jnic
    Jnic Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi Sherlock,
    Thank for the feedback. I'm not sure that will be an option for all of the accounts, but, it's a viable solution. This is my first experience with credit cards not downloading. I'm still in the trouble shooting mode, as all my bills have been paid. Thanks to QFX files.

I tried an experiment with a backup computer, updating an older file and Quicken on the older release. That combination seems to be working fine. Waiting for a few more credit card transactions to see what happens next.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
  • 1notblonde
    1notblonde Member
    Options
    I cannot get Citi credit card direct connect working. I had a problem with Express Web connect back in May/June and got Direct connect working with help...It appears to have failed again as no transactions are transferring as of June 4th...this is only on Citi...not having problem with Chase
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I cannot get Citi credit card direct connect working. I had a problem with Express Web connect back in May/June and got Direct connect working with help...It appears to have failed again as no transactions are transferring as of June 4th...this is only on Citi...not having problem with Chase
    We haven't had any issues using the Direct Connect connection method with Citi Cards.
  • Jnic
    Jnic Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm updating this discussion for more help.
    Clearly this is a local problem and I believe, as Jared suggested, something happened to my data file around the time I did the last update. This morning I tried a One Step Update and none of the 3 credit card accounts updated. I knew that there were posted transactions that should have downloaded in the Chase account. So, I went to the Chase account and updated from the account tab. That worked and one other credit card, Citi, also updated.

After some more checking I noticed that my One Step Update summary had the Chase CC checked for update, but the Citi account was not. Also, the BoA account is no longer on the update list, but a Citibank (not Citi-Cards) account is there instead. So, it appears that the One Step Update process got messed up around the time I did the last revision update.

Since every other account seems to be working fine; my question is what's the best way to restore the One Step Update process to remove the nonexistent Citibank account and add back the BoA CC account? Is the Account Reset process the best way, should I deactivate and reactivate each CC account or is there a better way?

Will either of those processes get rid of the nonexistent Citibank account? I checked my Accounts List, including the hidden ones, to verify that I never had a Citibank account that was not a credit card account. The only other possibility, that I can think of, is that the extra Citibank account might be one of my older Citi credit card accounts that somehow got activated for update. But I don’t know how to check this. Also, I checked my BoA CC account to make sure it is still set up to update.

Any help would be appreciated, as I rather do something that fixes the problem not make things worse.
This discussion has been closed.