Please help - Quicken 2017 Install for Mac

Options
Xav
Xav Member
edited September 2022 in Installing and Updating (Mac)
Hi, I have Quicken 2017 for Mac and am using Mac OS El Capitan (it's a Mac 2009). Computer crashed so trying to do a reinstall of all my software. Followed the instructions and dragged the Quicken icon from the installer disc to my Applications folder. Clicked on the Quicken17 launch icon on my Mac. Opens up a screen that says 'Let's Get Started. Clicked on the 'Open A Quicken File' button then navigated to and opened my Quicken data file I had saved a couple of weeks ago. Get a window that says 'Welcome. Important Message From Quicken.' Clicked on 'Get Started' button and it opens up a blank window from which I can do nothing. PS. I tried selecting different options of the 'Let's Get Started' page eg. Start from scratch, etc. but every time after clicking on the 'Get Started' option it takes me to a blank window. I also tried reinstalling the software on my computer and restarting (after deleting the previously installed version) but same result. Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix this issue? Thanks.
Tagged:

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    What happens if you try double-clicking on the Quicken 2017 data file rather than launching the application?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Xav
    Xav Member
    Options
    Hi Jacobs, thanks for your suggestion. I tried it but it did the same thing as it was doing before. I should mention that before the 'Welcome. Important Message From Quicken' opens, for a split second, I see a window with some selections but it moves too fast to be able to read them.
  • Manifesto13
    Manifesto13 Unconfirmed, Member
    Options
    I'm trying to reinstall quicken on computer but when I go to the link page the buttons are dead. Does anyone know who to get this fixed
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @Manifesto13 You posted in a thread about installing Quicken Mac 2017 — is that what you’re trying to do, also? If so, could you explain exactly what you’re trying? What web page and links are you referring to? Why are you reinstalling it? Do you have a copy of the application or installer?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.