Error 2753

Options
gemeng
gemeng Member ✭✭
There are two ways that I start Quicken: (1) I use a shortcut that opens qw.exe and (2) I use a shortcut that opens a .qdf file. Both have worked for years. Method #1 still works fine and normally. But when I try to use the shortcut to open a .qdf file, I first get a message that is "Error 2753, the file qcustomaction.dll is not marked for installation". When I hit OK, I then get a message that reads: "Fatal error during installation". Two things I did today that I suspect are related - I used a Microsoft file to remove all parts of Microsoft 365 and then reinstalled Microsoft 365 Office. Al of those files seem to be operating correctly. Any ideas?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    If you haven't already, I suggest you check that the default app set for the file type in Windows Settings still maps the .QDF file to Quicken Windows.

Generally, the easiest way to recover from these types of issues is to perform a clean uninstall, install, and update.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    If you haven't already, I suggest you check that the default app set for the file type in Windows Settings still maps the .QDF file to Quicken Windows.

Generally, the easiest way to recover from these types of issues is to perform a clean uninstall, install, and update.
  • gemeng
    gemeng Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to respond. I had checked and .qdf was mapped to Quicken. Just finished uninstalling and reinstalling and the issue has been resolved.
This discussion has been closed.