adding a new bank account to Quicken - get CC-501 error

I am adding a new bank account for one-setup update.
However, I keep getting the CC-501 error.

I have been having this issue over about 3 or 4 weeks. The error keeps saying to try again in a few hours. The username and password is what I use to login that account on their app or browser, and that works fine.

All my other accounts work fine. How can this be resolved? I've never had this issue before, over several week.

What is causing this? Thanks for assistance.

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Jim Y. said:  How can this be resolved?
    Don't know..... what bank ?
    [EDIT] also updated topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A - and error code

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Jim Y.

Can you give us some additional information on this matter so that we can better determine a course of action?  The name of the bank and the type of account will be helpful.

Also, have you reviewed the guidance located here yet?  If not, please take a look at it and consider following it.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-501
  • Jim Y.
    Jim Y. Member ✭✭
    The bank is Consumer Credit Union. Other accounts there, update perfectly.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HI again Jim Y.

I suggest that you contact the credit union to seek their assistance in completing the connection.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Y. said:
    Guessing this is it - looks like it supports all 3 downloading and connection protocols -
    53139    53139    53139    Consumer Credit Union
    https://www.consumercreditunion.com/    (423)639-6063
    https://www.consumercreditunion.com/    ACTIVE
    ACCOUNTINFO,BANKING&DIRECT
    BANKING&WEB-CONNECT
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Jim Y. said:
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

If you insist on using the Express Web Connect connection method, I suggest you contact Quicken Support and request that the issue be escalated to Intuit's Express Web Connect scripting team: select Help > Contact Support > Contact Quicken Support
  • Jim Y.
    Jim Y. Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I will contact Consumer Credit Union tomorrow, July 21, when they open. Thank you to everyone. I will reach out and share any information they provide.

My 4 other accounts from Consumer Credit Union all update via Express Web Connect
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2022
    @Jim Y. - have you tried deactivating ALL your accounts at Consumer Credit Union before adding the new one?  Sometimes when you add a new account, you need to re-setup online services for the existing accounts as well.
    • For each account at CCU, on the Online Services tab in Account Details, deactivate online services.  Then on the General tab, clear out the Financial Institution, Account Number, and any other online information.
    • Then re-setup online services with the appropriate connection method (DC, EWC).  Go through the set-up process.  You should have 5 found accounts listed.  The 4 accounts already set up in Quicken, and 1 new account.  For the 4 accounts, make sure to "Link to existing" and match to the appropriate account in Quicken.  For the new account just "set up as new" (assuming you haven't set it up yet in Quicken as an "offline" account).  You can change the account name and settings after it's set up in Quicken.
  • Jim Y.
    Jim Y. Member ✭✭
    I did not want to disconnect all accounts from CCU, if that created issues reconnecting for my other accounts that work fine. What I did do, is set up manual download for this one account. For now, I will go with manual download on this one account. Thank you to all who assisted.
This discussion has been closed.