"Only the latest version of a file can use Quicken Cloud" error on Mac/Monterrey 12.5?

Warrior60
Warrior60 Member
After updating the MacOS to 12.5, I started getting this error, "Only the latest version of a file can use Quicken Cloud. I selected 'Reset Quicken Cloud,' and that did not resolve the issue. I then tried signing out then signing back in and that didn't resolve it either. Any other suggestions? I didn't have this problem before I updated to 12.5, but that may be just a coincidence.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Warrior60 said:
    After updating the MacOS to 12.5, I started getting this error, "Only the latest version of a file can use Quicken Cloud. I selected 'Reset Quicken Cloud,' and that did not resolve the issue. I then tried signing out then signing back in and that didn't resolve it either. Any other suggestions? I didn't have this problem before I updated to 12.5, but that may be just a coincidence.
    Hello @Warrior60

I am sorry about this issue with error messages regarding the Quicken Cloud. Thank you for drawing our attention to this matter here on the Quicken Community. 

First, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show "(Data File name will be displayed here)" in Finder... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Make sure that the data file is being stored on your computer and not an external drive or cloud-based storage service. 

If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could also save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu mentioned previously and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch, click Next
    4. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location, click Next
    5. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web, click Next 

You may then add your non-Charles Schwab affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues with this error message requesting a later version of software continue in this data file.

I look forward to hearing back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    This message occurs usually when a copy of a file is opened. Are you using a single copy of your data file on one local machine? If not, this will lead to this message.

Are you storing your file on any kind of cloud server (eg. Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud Drive)? If so, this could be triggering the message and may eventually lead to permissions corruption that will make the file unreadable.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Warrior60
    Warrior60 Member
    Thank you all for the help and suggestions. I resolved the issue by moving the file to the local hard drives on each of my Macs. (They had been in iCloud -> Documents). Then on my iPad and iPhone, I signed out then signed back on. Issue resolved.

Thanks again.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Thanks for posting that you got it resolved, and what the culprit was.

I think Quicken could do a better job or making it much more prominent that the data file should never be stored on any cloud storage service (like iCloud or Dropbox or OneDrive) because odd things can happen to prevent you from using Quicken. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.