Downloaded Transaction items not matching up

Options
rodzilla57
rodzilla57 Member
I am having a great deal of trouble with this. I've read the FAQs as well as other Support Threads, and nothing works. Here is the situation:

-->I have several Credit Card accounts which are I get downloads, and I also have my bank accounts downloaded. The category for the bank download should be "Credit Card XYX" and the category for the credit card download should be "Checking Account". The never are right.

-->Renaming rules also never seem to work. If a downloaded Payee name is "July Credit Card XYZ payment 1234567" I have a Rule set to rename any Payee that contains "Credit Card XYZ" to "Credit Card XYZ". Doesn't work. Additionally, the whole renaming dialogue is funky.

-->Finally, my Bank downloads are missing certain transfer transactions between checking and savings. I've downloaded in csv format to verify the data being sent, and it is. Sometimes they are present in Quicken, other times they are not, and I can't see a pattern. It is making reconciliation nearly impossible.

Between all three of these issues, I am basically having to manually enter EVERY transaction which defeats the purpose of having Quicken at all and that defeats the purpose of even having this program. Quicken used to work wonderfully but is getting worse every time I use it. I've used Quicken since it came on the large old time floppy disks. How can I resolve these issues?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I suggest entering the credit card payment transactions in advance of import.  The imported transactions should match.

Regarding the renaming rules, I suggest you check the Use my existing renaming rules preference: select Edit > Preferences...

Regarding missing transfer transactions, I suggest entering transfer transactions in advance of import and disabling the Transfer detection preference: select Edit > Preferences...

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I suggest entering the credit card payment transactions in advance of import.  The imported transactions should match.

Regarding the renaming rules, I suggest you check the Use my existing renaming rules preference: select Edit > Preferences...

Regarding missing transfer transactions, I suggest entering transfer transactions in advance of import and disabling the Transfer detection preference: select Edit > Preferences...

• rodzilla57
    rodzilla57 Member
    Options
    I did have the "Use my existing renaming rules" box checked. I also had the two boxes for "After Downloading Transactions" checked as well. I unchecked them. I'll see if that helps. Will the "Downloaded transactions" settings help my category issue as well?

I will try unchecking the "Scan downloaded transactions for possible transfers" box. I think it is something about the raw data from the bank because it only affects the 2nd transfer of the month (I transfer on the 5th and the 16th). All other transfers (which is how I do credit card payments) never miss lines. This will mean a bit more work for me (I prefer to not enter anything and let the downloads handle it.)

Thank you for your assistance.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I did have the "Use my existing renaming rules" box checked. I also had the two boxes for "After Downloading Transactions" checked as well. I unchecked them. I'll see if that helps. Will the "Downloaded transactions" settings help my category issue as well?

I will try unchecking the "Scan downloaded transactions for possible transfers" box. I think it is something about the raw data from the bank because it only affects the 2nd transfer of the month (I transfer on the 5th and the 16th). All other transfers (which is how I do credit card payments) never miss lines. This will mean a bit more work for me (I prefer to not enter anything and let the downloads handle it.)

Thank you for your assistance.
    Automatically adding the transactions to the registers should not impact your issue. 

Note: The preference may be overridden by the register.
  • rodzilla57
    rodzilla57 Member
    Options
    Well, none of the suggested changes I made helped at all. In still getting account mismatching when doing transfers, I'm still missing transactions in the downloaded files, and Renaming Rules are basically ignored. This is now a very manual system and I do not plan on renewing my subscription when it is next due. I can do this on a spreadsheet just as easily.
This discussion has been closed.