Stock symbol for GSK post 2022 split

Options
Ken From Evans GA
Ken From Evans GA Member ✭✭
edited August 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Can anyone tell me what stock symbol should be used for the GSK stock after the July 2022 split from Haleon. Using GSK as the symbol just returns the pre-split price. Thanks.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    At the moment, the ticker symbol appears to be GSK*

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    At the moment, the ticker symbol appears to be GSK*
  • Ken From Evans GA
    Options
    Unfortunately, (at least for me, GSK* appears to return the old GSK pre-split price.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    According to various press releases, the stock symbol for GSK did not change after the spin-off.

That being said - the reason you are seeing the stock price not changing is (according to one press release) as follows

"After close of trading on Monday, GSK will consolidate its share price, returning it to roughly the same as before the demerger.

That will ensure the company’s earnings per share and share price can be compared with previous periods, it has said."

Hope this helps.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unfortunately, (at least for me, GSK* appears to return the old GSK pre-split price.
    I suspect you may not pulling the quote from the third-party provider:

• Ken From Evans GA
    Options
    Thank you. I made a mistake when I did not delete the quotes from the old pre-split GSK prices.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the US shares are GLAXD
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.