Cash transactions of moved Investment transactions do not follow

Options
tgoering
tgoering Member ✭✭
I recently needed to merge 3 IRA accts into a new single master account. I did the move investment transactions which moved them into the new account correctly. But the linked cash accounts did not change. If I edit one of the moved transactions - and simply resave it - the transfer is then moved from the old cash account, to the new cash account - which fixes the issue. The problem is hand "refreshing" the transactions will take forever if I need to do them one by one. Is there a better way to have these transactions get updated to move into the new linked cash account? I tried validate and super-validate, which didn't find errors or change anything.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a different approach I might try simply leaving those transactions over in the linked cash Accounts alone and simply transferring the ending balances in those Accounts to the new linked cash Account associated with the new IRA.  Those old transactions will always be available to you if for some reason you want to go and look at them.
This discussion has been closed.