false downloaded transaction flags

Options
SomebodyInGNV
SomebodyInGNV Member ✭✭✭
Downloads to credit card accounts configured as Express Web Connect frequently show flags for downloaded transactions after one step update, but clears and shows 0 transactions when I select the account. BofA accounts do it consistently. Actual downloaded transactions do show up but the flag is wrong more than it's correct.

Can anyone suggest why that happens and how to resolve it?

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You may be experiencing the pending pending transaction feature.  There apparently is this ill-conceived idea that it would be cool to import pending transactions but they intend the feature to be optional.  It's supposedly disabled by default but there is this side effect where, if the account has a pending transaction, the flag is being raised. 
  • SomebodyInGNV
    SomebodyInGNV Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    It sounds like that. If it's intended to be optional, how do I opt in or out? I see no reference to it in Preferences> Downloaded Transactions.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It sounds like that. If it's intended to be optional, how do I opt in or out? I see no reference to it in Preferences> Downloaded Transactions.
    They have not completed the feature yet.  That is what I meant by pending pending transaction feature and intend the feature to be optional.
  • SomebodyInGNV
    SomebodyInGNV Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hmm... not very good version control.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hmm... not very good version control.
    The issue has nothing to do with version control.  It's due to poor coordination between Quicken and Intuit.  I'd put the blame on Intuit.  They started including the pending transactions before Quicken has made the necessary adjustments.
  • SomebodyInGNV
    SomebodyInGNV Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't know that Quicken was still dependent on Intuit for anything.
  • tired techie
    tired techie Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Sherlock - interesting that you seem to have knowledge about what is happening behind the scenes at Quicken. Could you possibly tell us why Quicken, after many months, has been unable to resolve Citibank transaction downloads when 2FA (MFA) is turned on at Citibank? As you may know, it worked for a while. First by prompting for the OTP, then it worked without prompting, and now it doesn't work at all (unless we disable the 2FA). Given that the party line for months has been, "We are working on it. No ETA", any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @Sherlock - interesting that you seem to have knowledge about what is happening behind the scenes at Quicken. Could you possibly tell us why Quicken, after many months, has been unable to resolve Citibank transaction downloads when 2FA (MFA) is turned on at Citibank? As you may know, it worked for a while. First by prompting for the OTP, then it worked without prompting, and now it doesn't work at all (unless we disable the 2FA). Given that the party line for months has been, "We are working on it. No ETA", any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method if available instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
This discussion has been closed.