Keeping register on original category instead of jumping to new category

Options
1Moose63
1Moose63 Member ✭✭
:/ The first thing I do after uploading my latest transactions is to correct the categories. I typically put the transactions in order of category to look for those that are "Uncategorized." When I change the category and hit return, the register jumps to the new category. I would like to keep the register on the "Uncategorized" category so I can go down the list changing each one, rather than having to go back and finding "Uncategorized" each time. Is there a way to set that in preferences?

Best Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    No, there's no preference for what you're asking for.

But… there's a way to do what you want. If you use the Search box to do a search for "uncategorized", you can change a transaction to a category and the filtered register will stay just as it was; it won't re-load or re-sort. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @1Moose63 you can also achieve what @jacobs suggested by using the "Status" filter at the top of any register and setting it to "Uncategorized":

Achieves the same result as typing "uncategorized" in the search box, but saves you from typing it out. Either way works :)

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    No, there's no preference for what you're asking for.

But… there's a way to do what you want. If you use the Search box to do a search for "uncategorized", you can change a transaction to a category and the filtered register will stay just as it was; it won't re-load or re-sort. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • 1Moose63
    1Moose63 Member ✭✭
    Options
    :) Thanks! Works great.
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @1Moose63 you can also achieve what @jacobs suggested by using the "Status" filter at the top of any register and setting it to "Uncategorized":

Achieves the same result as typing "uncategorized" in the search box, but saves you from typing it out. Either way works :)
  • 1Moose63
    1Moose63 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Austin@ Thank you. That should be helpful. I was hoping to find a setting, like you find in Excel which allows you to control which cell the cursor moves to after hitting Return. It always drives me crazy when the cursor jumps away from category I’m working in. Thanks for the tip.
This discussion has been closed.