M&T Direct Connect Not Working

MurrayJ
MurrayJ Quicken Windows Subscription Member
The last post I saw was in May. It's still not working. Is it still being worked on by Quicken?

Best Answers

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The OL-297 and OL-294 issue was never worked on by Quicken.  It was worked on by the M&T Bank's Direct Connect service provider.   If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-ol-297 and https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-quicken-online-services-ol-293-or-ol-294  As recommended, if the issue persists you should contact, M&T Bank.
  • MurrayJ
    None of these options worked the way they said they should. They refer to tabs that aren';t there.
  • UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    MurrayJ said:
    None of these options worked the way they said they should. They refer to tabs that aren';t there.
    More details, please.
    While following instructions in one of the two links above, where do you get stuck?
    Do you use Quicken Mac or Quicken for Windows?
    What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you using?
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    Is your subscription expired or still active?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
  • MurrayJ
    Sorry, my mistake. I misread the instructions for the first link. I followed the instructions and set everything as you said and it still doesn't work. I can't use the second link because there is no account to select. I can't set it up so it's not there.
  • MurrayJ
    Just talked to the bank! Turns out they had to set me up for on-line Quicken bill pay on THEIR end. Took one minute. Works now!!!
  • JLJ50
    JLJ50 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes, I did the same, called M & T Bank at 1-800-790-9130 to set up Direct Connect. Note, the cost is $9.95 per month (on top of the Quicken subscription) billed to your M & T checking account each month.
  • MurrayJ
    edited September 2022
    I was told about the charge, yes. Not happy about it [Removed - Profanity]
  • Ted Hovick
    Ted Hovick Member ✭✭
    Once again M&T Direct Connect not working. I m getting the OL-297A error. This has been going on now for 3 days. M&T says it's a Quicken issue, Quicken says it's M&T. Really really frustrated.
  • carterman
    carterman Quicken Windows 2017 Member ✭✭
    > @"Ted Hovick" said:
    > Once again M&T Direct Connect not working. I m getting the OL-297A error. This has been going on now for 3 days. M&T says it's a Quicken issue, Quicken says it's M&T. Really really frustrated.

I am getting the same error message OL-297A when I try the direct connection. I am a People's account merger customer. The wait time to chat with them M&T is > 45 minutes, so I am waiting. Will post any updates I get once I talk to them.

At peoples, I used to be able to download the qfx file and import it. This worked perfectly, however I noticed M&T does not support this file format. They support csv or qif. I tried qif, but that resulted in lots of duplicated transactions and I had to rollback to a backup.
  • mdjcm
    mdjcm Quicken Mac Other Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. Also can't get my Venmo account to work with the different account number.
  • JenH
    JenH Quicken Windows Subscription Member
    I contacted M&T today, since I have not been able to connect since 8/30, and thankfully they actually did have a resolution (after 45-minute hold time). I had to change my passcode to be LESS THAN 10 characters, and once I did that, I updated my password vault in Quicken, and I was able to connect and download all of my transactions!! Hope this helps others!
This discussion has been closed.