Anyone know about migrating from GoDaddy Bookkeeping to Quicken?

Options
Mickster
Mickster Member
Does anyone have experience with, or knowledge about, somehow migrating my data from Godaddy Bookkeeping into Quicken? GoDaddy has bailed on its bookkeeping app, and my only option from them was to migrate my data to QuickBooks. I do not need all of the complications of Quickbooks, and it has been problematic since the beginning.

I have already obtained a .csv file of all of my data from them, but I imagine that trying to start up things in Quicken by this method will be long and painful.
Tagged:

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Quicken Mac will import a CSV file if it matches the Mint CSV formatting. There's an example of what that looks like near the end of this thread. Numbers will read & export CSV files so you can use that to modify your GoDaddy export if needed.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    There are also third-party applications which can translate a .csv file into a .qfx file which Quicken can import. We can't mention other software products by name on this forum, but if you google CSV to QFX you will find a few of them. I've never used any of them, so I can't offer any advice on how they work. (You might have to sort your CSV file by account and convert each account's transactions to a separate QFX file, but if you don't have dozens and dozens fo accounts, this one-time work won't be too onerous.) But I'd first follow the path suggested by @Jon above; if you can m are your CSV file exactly match the format of a Mint export, then it could work for you without any additional software.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Mickster
    Mickster Member
    Options
    Thank you Jon and Jacobs. I'll look into this info and see what I can do to modify my csv file.
  • Mickster
    Mickster Member
    Options
    I have another question regarding this issue, Jacobs: i'm used to having all of my accounts, e.g., credit card, brokerage, savings account, checking account, in the same register, with indication of which account they're from. Is quicken set up so that I will need to have each of these accounts in a separate register, or can I keep them all together by date?
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Each account has its own individual register, but there's also an "All Transactions" register if you just want to see everything combined.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    You can view them together if you wish. I don't understand how that's useful or even particularly usable, but by clicking on the account groups in the left sidebar, you can view a register of all accounts in the group. So if you click on Banking in the left sidebar, it will show a register of all your banking — checking, savings, credit card — accounts; if you click on Investing, it will show a register combining your brokerage and retirement accounts; if you click on All Transactions, it will mush them all together.

I generally only use All Transactions when I want to do a Search for something, like text in the Memo field, and I don't know what account the transaction(s) I'm looking for were in; also when using Search with All Transactions, the search includes closed/hidden accounts, so you don't have to unhide them to search in them.

You can't see a running balance of any of your accounts when viewing a group, and you can't reconcile an account when viewing a group. You can't see your investment Portfolio or Dashboard if you have All Transactions selected (since banking accounts are not part of those features); you need to select an individual investment account or group (Brokerage, Retirement or Investing). 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.