Editing of Community Username

Options
Allow users to change their community profile username with the change being in a pending status until reviewed and approved by admins.
2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Users can't possibly know all of the other issued UserIDs ... only the Mods  can see that. Which is why, currently, you need to send your desired new UserID to a Mod to get it reviewed and approved.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Presumptuous.

I never said the user would need to know existing usernames, reserved words, or otherwise. [Removed - Speculation] Though I'm certain the quite capable web devs at Quicken would have thought of this on their own, I'll explain.

When a user would enter a new username there would be a link or button called Check Availability. This functionality is present currently on countless other websites. It's not a new concept.

I hope you have a better day.
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NotACPA said:
    Users can't possibly know all of the other issued UserIDs ... only the Mods  can see that. Which is why, currently, you need to send your desired new UserID to a Mod to get it reviewed and approved.

Have you spent much time in software or web app development?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @MSStateDawg FYI, the code for this website isn't developed by "the quite capable web devs at Quicken". Rather, it is commercial software from a company called Vanilla Forums. The many limitations of this website are attributable to them, not Quicken. As a customer of Vanilla, Quicken can and does submit requests for feature changes, but Quicken doesn't control the development of the platform features. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993