IRA Transaction Register Disappeared, Replaced by Empty Security and Security Price Boxes

uruguay9
uruguay9 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
This question is also posted under Windows error and troubleshooting...

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property
Version: R42.19
Build: 27.1.42.19
Windows 10 Enterprise

AFTER UPDATE to this version, the Transaction Register for my IRA (a cash only, manually entered interest postings,No downloads) has disappeared. It has been replaced by an empty 3 box display showing 1) Security, 2)No changed security prices today (both on the left) and on the right an empty blank box outline that is cropped off at the top.

Prior to this view disappearing, I attempted to enter a transaction dated 6/30/2022 into the register. Upon Entering, all of the dates on the register transactions changed to 6/30/2022 and all amounts were deleted. When the screen repainted, the transaction register view had been changed to this Securities listing view (but there are no securities).

The IRA Account Details::
Type: Traditional IRA,
Tax Deferred - Yes,
Single mutual fund account - No,
Tracking Method - Complete - Positions and Transactions

Account established for 10 years, Not imported from Microsoft Money, No problems with entry of transactions prior to this. No changes to setup.

How do I get the transaction register view back ?

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    It sounds like your account has Simple Investing enabled.  I suggest you go to Upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > General Tab > make sure "Complete - Positions and Transactions" is ticked > OK.

Did this resolve the issue for you?

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

• uruguay9
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for the comment... However the account was already set for "Complete - Positions and Transactions"

But then, Thinking, why not ?, I went ahead and selected simple and then selected complete again without ever leaving the dialog box... This caused a warning box to which I responded go ahead.
    After stopping and restarting Quicken the register is now showing again.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    It sounds like your account has Simple Investing enabled.  I suggest you go to Upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > General Tab > make sure "Complete - Positions and Transactions" is ticked > OK.

Did this resolve the issue for you?

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

• uruguay9
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for the comment... However the account was already set for "Complete - Positions and Transactions"

But then, Thinking, why not ?, I went ahead and selected simple and then selected complete again without ever leaving the dialog box... This caused a warning box to which I responded go ahead.
    After stopping and restarting Quicken the register is now showing again.
  • uruguay9
    I will close the discussion, Thank you for the response and assistance...
This discussion has been closed.