Why does my investment account show three different values"

Options
Mrod
Mrod Member
edited September 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Why does my investment account show three different values--Securities Value; Cash Balance; Total Market Value?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What, about those labels, isn't clear?  The 1st is the value of the securities in the account.  The 2nd is the value of any cash held in the account, the 3rd is the sum of the securities and cash.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Mrod - Why did you reject @NotACPA 's answer?   
    If it did not answer your question, please clarify what you mean by the question so a better answer can be provided.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mrod said: Why does my investment account show three different values-
    -Securities Value; Cash Balance; Total Market Value?
    Seems pretty obvious - what's your problem with those labels and numbers.... are they wrong ?
    Do you mean the lines at the bottom of the Register -
    or - the line items in the lower "Account Status" if you click on "Holdings" ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @Mrod - those three balances you see on the bottom right of the investment register should correspond to the values in the Market Value column in your holdings list.  Click on "Holding" in the upper left of the investment register and maximize the window so you can see the "Market Value" column. 

The total of the investments in this column should correspond to the "Securities Value", the Cash in this column should correspond to "Cash Balance", and the Total should correspond to "Total Market Value".
This discussion has been closed.