Security (ETF) in portfolio, but not in list of securities under Reports & Graphs

Options
Chris Schwark
Chris Schwark Member ✭✭✭
edited September 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I have an ETF (GBDV - Global Beta Smart Income) which I have and shows up in my portfolio.  It is listed as a stock and is not hidden, but when I try to run a net worth over time report in the Reports and Graphs area, this ETF does not show up in the list of securities.   Given it's in my portfolio, why would this one security not show up in the list of securities under Reports and Graphs?  

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you go to Tools > Security list and check the Show Hidden securities box, is the security on the list but marked Hidden? That may cause it to not be included by default in reports.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris Schwark
    Chris Schwark Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks.  it's in the security list (showed unchecked box to show it's not "hidden") but below I put a screen shot of the securities list from the report, and it's just not there (which means it's not included an my totals are off due to the exclusion of the security only reports (it's in my portofolio).
    As both are sorted by security name, I put an arrow where it should be.

I don't run this report more than a few times a year, but when I noticed it wasn't the same total as my accounts, I found that only this one is missing.  Why wouldn't ALL securities in the "security list" be in the "reports and graphs" securities list.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What if you check the Show hidden box?  I think that means to show the hidden ones in addition to all the others.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I think Quicken may have recently introduced a new bug in the "include all" selector. Does the missing ETF appear if you click the "include only selected" checkbox?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Jim_Harman
    Options
    The "include all" selection has indeed changed from other recent versions. Previously when you selected "include all" the list of securities was blanked out and now it is displayed. 
  • Chris Schwark
    Chris Schwark Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @volvogirl it's there (securities list) whether the hidden is selected or not
  • Chris Schwark
    Chris Schwark Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Rocket J Squirrel  Even under "include only selected" it's not there.
  • Jim_Harman
    Options
    If you go to Help and hold down the Shift key while clicking About Quicken, how many Securities does it show?

If you have thousands of securities, there might be too many for the dropdown list. 
  • Chris Schwark
    Chris Schwark Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Jim_Harman 1320.  Interesting that securities and "max ref" are the same..  I wonder if this means it's maxed out.  Interestingly enough, I've added several since I added the missing one a few months back, but I wonder if there's some weird, arbitrary algorithm that figures which to omit over the max?  Do you happen to know what the attached screenshot actually means?  (I wish there was an easy / quick way to delete expired options, as I'm sure several hundred of these are long expired options)

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Chris Schwark 
    That Securities/Max ref data is that you have 1320 securities in your file and the maximum security referenced in your file is also 1320 -- so those points are consistent.  There were some issues in earlier versions where the program knew there were say 1320 securities, but it referenced at some point a security at 1500, or 2500, or more.  That was a problem and what led them to providing the checkpoint you now see.   

FWIW, my current info is 1511/1511
This discussion has been closed.