How to show balances in categories report.

Options
Catawba
Catawba Member
edited September 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I have been trying for several hours now to replicate a report I had created in Quicken 2005 . End of May I made the switch to Quicken Deluxe 2022 and have had problems ever since. I have had my expenses divided into categories for years now so I can readily keep a handle on the nature of the various expenses. Each month I make a single set deposit into each category. Over the course of the month I pay bills twice and draw down upon the balances in the given categories. I am looking for a report that will show me the balance in each particular category based on any day I take a look at the categories. It could be a negative dollar amount or a positive dollar amount but that is what I am trying to achieve with this new version of Quicken. I have tried various options in the report center and have ended up with " no transactions available and the need to re-customize"!
..I would so appreciate your suggestions. Hope I have made myself somewhat clear! I also have a new computer (yes, I guess i was crazy) and all the numeric information transferred buy not the reports!

Catawba

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Try the report at Reports > Spending > Spending by Category.

Set the date range to Month to date to see the amounts for each category so far this month. 

If you want to see the numbers for a different date, set the date range to Custom and select the dates. The date range you select must contain some transactions entered, or the report will have nothing to show.

If you are looking for something different, please post back with more details.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.