Repeating Online payments

Options
mitchell69
mitchell69 Member ✭✭
When Citizens Bank discontinued direct connect, Quicken is still trying to to send repeating online payments. Since you can no longer pay from quicken, there is no way for the repeating transactions to be made. I can't delete these payment from bill manager. Please advise

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @mitchell69

Just to clarify - when you say "I can't delete these payment from bill manager"  Do you mean the "Bill & Income Reminders" window, or some other window?  "Bill Manager" is the third-party bill payment feature that Quicken facilitates which makes payments on behalf of users.  You would not use Bill Manager, if you were paying bills through your bank using Direct Connect.

Get back to me and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• mitchell69
    mitchell69 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Bill & Income Reminder window>Repeating Online tab. Quicken can no longer pay bills through Citizens Bank. Prior to them discontinuing this feature, any edits, cancel payments were sent to the bank. Since the bank no longer transacts these items, they are stuck in this window because it needs an internet connection to delete them from the bank. I just want to delete these instructions from Quicken. The Citizens Bank account in Quicken has been deactivated. I download and import transactions through Web Connets.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Hi again @mitchell69,

I suggest that you take the following steps:

1) Click on the "Bill & Income Reminders" Tab then select "Stack View";
    2) Go to the little "Gear" Icon on the far right and click it;
    3) Next select "Manage Online Billers"  - (see attached Snip);
    4) From the next screen - the "Manage Online Billers" screen, for each biller, in the "Actions" column you should select the "Down Arrow" and then hit "Remove" for each "Biller".

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• mitchell69
    mitchell69 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Could not find Bill & Income Reminders tab. Is that the same as Manage Bills and Income Reminders under the Tools tab? Didn't see snip
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Could not find Bill & Income Reminders tab. Is that the same as Manage Bills and Income Reminders under the Tools tab? Didn't see snip
    Let me reword @Frankx 's response above:
    1) Click on the "Bills & Income Reminders" Tab then select "Stack View"; select the Bills view (or the combined Bills, Income & Transfers view)
    2) Go to the little "Gear" Icon on the far right and click it;
    3) Next select "Manage Online Billers"  - (see attached Snip snapshot image);
    4) From the next screen - the "Manage Online Billers" screen, for each biller, in the "Actions" column you should select the "▾ (Down Arrow)" and then hit "Remove" for each "Biller".

• mitchell69
    mitchell69 Member ✭✭
    Options
    The three Rept-Cancel billers that are in the Repearting Online tab in the Bill and Income Reminders page that need to be deleted do not show on the Manage Online Billers screen. From my experience, those items can only be removed once Citizens Bank accepts the info from Quicken. Since Citizens no longer accepts that info, it appears that those billers will continue to stay stuck in Quicken. Please advise.
This discussion has been closed.