ROTH IRA withdrawals not treated correctly, balances not omitted from RMD.

Options
During the market downturn, I converted one of my IRAs to IRA ROTH, paying taxes on the higher annual income. Twice. The Planner does not treat ROTH withdrawals as tax-free.

1. The Planner shows no projected decrease in the RMD amounts for the future years.

2. The Investment portion of the planner needs to differentiate between income tax-deferred accounts (IRA and ROTH IRA) and non-taxable ROTH withdrawals after age 55.

I updated the Tax Schedule for withdrawals in each account hoping that would flag taxable (IRA RMDs) and non-taxable withdrawals (ROTH-IRA). But Tax-deferred remains the same along with high RMDs. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Leslie

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @Morrislesl It sound like you're using Quicken Windows — is that correct? Your question was posted in a Quicken Mac category; if you confirm, we can have a moderator move it to the appropriate category for Quicken Windows, where the Windows experts will see it and can offer suggestions. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Morrislesl
    Morrislesl Member ✭✭
    Options
    Oops. You are correct. Please move it!
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Which Planner are you referring to, the Lifetime Planner or the Tax Planner?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.