RSU--Portfolio View????

Options
Gary R
Gary R Member ✭✭✭
edited September 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Column in Portfolio View is set for Security Type-----One of the columns is RSU
Any idea what that is and why it can't be deleted

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Do you ever sleep, @Gary R?

RSU stands for Restricted Stock Unit. These are often granted to employees as part of their compensation.

RSU is not a column in the Portfolio views, it is an undocumented new built-in Security Type. You have grouped your Portfolio view by Security type. When you create an RSU, the security details have a setting "Base security"

Note that there is now also a security type and Asset class of "Crypto". 

There are also some columns in the Portfolio views that I do not recall seeing before: "Unvested market value", "Yield on Investment (%)", and "Yield on Investment (Estimated)"

Presumably these are all in preparation for providing support for Crypto and RSUs and other changes to the Portfolio views.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you know of any way to get rid of it?  I'm up every 1--1.5 hours at night and 4am having my coffee and watching news.  I just can't sleep and it's a problem.  
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    There are also some columns in the Portfolio views that I do not recall seeing before: "Unvested market value", "Yield on Investment (%)", and "Yield on Investment (Estimated)"

The Unvested I am less sure about, but the two Yields have been around a long long time.  The (Estimated) is using the user-supplied 'Est Income' field from the security details.  

The RSU and Crypto types are not in my R37.67 install.

@Gary R  It has been an irritant for me for a long time that Security Types get listed as your RSU shows when there is nothing held of that type.  I find if I change the Group by to something else then reset it to by 'Security Type' the extraneous types do not appear --- at least not immediately.  They will reappear if I make some other unrelated change in the file. 

• Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    " I find if I change the Group by to something else then reset it to by 'Security Type' the extraneous types do not appear"----And this is why I love this discussion forum.  That did the trick.  It's gone---poof!!!!!
    You guys are really good.  Thanks
  • Jim_Harman
    Options
    Glad that fixed it.

BTW I changed your post from an Idea to an ordinary discussion. Ideas are generally for suggested product improvements, not for questions.
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Jim--I don't see where to start a new discussion--Help
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I just found it-----
  • Jim_Harman
    edited August 2022
    Options
    For reference, click on Home, Discussions, or Categories at the top. On a PC, click on the big blue oval with a plus sign and "New Post". On a small or narrow screen, click on the blue circle with a plus sign to start a new post.   
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Jim:  see issue below--I tried to delete the on line account and set up again but says I have transactions to download
    Problem is I should have two new transactions to download, but not there.
    (I bought a couple Treasuries yesterday)

• Jim_Harman
    Options
    Please make a new discussion for this new issue. That way it will have an appropriate title and others will be more likely to find it.
  • Gary R
    Gary R Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Jim---I think I'll just wait till Monday and see if it self corrects---I'll make sure it gets posted in the right place now--I bookmarked the new discussion forum
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.