Invalid ID or Password

Options
joekivel
joekivel Member ✭✭✭
When I use direct connect with my Wells Fargo Checking & Visa Accounts, I get an error message saying Invalid ID or Password. I know that that the ID & Password are correct because I can log into both accounts on the Wells Web Site with the same ID & Password without a problem, only get the error when connecting with Quicken Direct Connect. I was using Direct Connect with Wells up to a few days ago when Wells had me change ID & Password and I haven't been able to use Direct Connect since. I tried to do a Reset in Online Services but got error message stating bad password. The Wells Checking Account is the account I pay my bills from and receive my direct deposits to. It is my main account and I need to fix this. I was thinking of Deactivating Online Services for both Accounts and then setting them up again. Good Idea? Bad Idea? Suggestions?

Best Answer

• joekivel
    joekivel Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    No special characters. No Error Code just an invalid ID/Password message. Went ahead and Deregistered Online Services for both accounts, then set them up again. Problem resolved. Direct Connect now works. It appears that Quicken was holding onto the Old ID/Password and not replacing them with the New ID/Password that was set up in Wells Fargo. Don't know where in Quicken it was keeping them, not in the Password Vault, but deregistering and redoing online services appears to have flushed it out.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you have any special characters in your PW?  If so, you might want to read the following Support Article: Password Vault: [your bank] could not use the password you entered. [Support Article].
    If this is not the issue, are you getting an error code or specific error message?

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

• joekivel
    joekivel Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    No special characters. No Error Code just an invalid ID/Password message. Went ahead and Deregistered Online Services for both accounts, then set them up again. Problem resolved. Direct Connect now works. It appears that Quicken was holding onto the Old ID/Password and not replacing them with the New ID/Password that was set up in Wells Fargo. Don't know where in Quicken it was keeping them, not in the Password Vault, but deregistering and redoing online services appears to have flushed it out.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good to hear you got it fixed.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

• joekivel
    joekivel Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for trying to help. I appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.