Can investment portfolio graph data be reset? (Q Mac)

Options
xingeranium
xingeranium Member ✭✭
I have a security for which I was back-filling transactions into the register of an investment account. Toward the end of my work, I noticed a small deviation of Quicken's calculated shares and cost basis compared to the spreadsheet I was working from. So I thought I could rectify the difference by manually registering an extra transaction: I "Added Shares" in the amount of 0.000048373 shares at a total cost of $212.41 to make up the difference. That calculates to $4,391,085.9363695 per share.

Quicken seems to have used this manual transaction as the basis of the stock's price that day. I removed the transaction when I noticed that Quicken's portfolio graph now showed a total value in the billions!

Although I have removed that transaction from the register, Quicken still remembers that the stock's price was supposedly $4,391,085.9363695 per share on that particular day.

The portfolio graphs continue to show the billion dollar total valuation for that one day, which of course causes all of the other days in comparison to appear indistinguishable from a $0 valuation.

How can I fix Quicken's erroneous graph data or reset it?

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @xingeranium From your description, I think this should be an easy fix for you… Go to Window > Securities and select the security in question (or click on the security name in the Portfolio and select Edit Security from the pop-up menu). Click on the Price History tab. Find the day you entered the manual transaction in the price history list, click on the date and you can either delete it (click the – icon) or correct it (click the pencil icon). After removing or correcting the price, your graph should go back to normal.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @xingeranium From your description, I think this should be an easy fix for you… Go to Window > Securities and select the security in question (or click on the security name in the Portfolio and select Edit Security from the pop-up menu). Click on the Price History tab. Find the day you entered the manual transaction in the price history list, click on the date and you can either delete it (click the – icon) or correct it (click the pencil icon). After removing or correcting the price, your graph should go back to normal.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • xingeranium
    xingeranium Member ✭✭
    Options
    Perfect! That did it. Thanks, @jacobs !!
This discussion has been closed.