after quicken update - cant see investment transactions

leonard kearney
leonard kearney Member ✭✭✭
todays update (8/5) installed new home screens for investment accounts. How do i see transaction history?

Answers

• leonard kearney
    edited August 2022
    ok, i see issue. I added one new schwab account for a bond ladder. For that account i selected simple accounting. Quicken changed all my Schwab accounts to simple accounting.

that is not what i expected.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    That did sound like a Simple investing issue.  There have been some reports of issues where investment accounts automatically switched from Complete Investing to Simple Investing (myself included).  But I thought that issue was fixed a few version updates ago (for me this issue was resolved when I updated to R39.23 back on 3/30).  So if you are running an older version of Quicken you might want to consider updating it now.
    Account Details will offer the ability to view the account in Simple Investing so deselecting it there will change it just for that account.  If you have not already done so, you might want to go to Edit > Preferences > Investments > make sure the box for Enable Simple Investing is not checked.  By unchecking this box it will remove the Simple Investing option on Account Details for all accounts.
    I also suggest that you check your investment accounts to see if there are any transactions missing between the time of your last download where you know you had Compete Investing and this last one.  Any transactions downloaded while the accounts were in Simple Investing will never show up in the transactions register after you switch back to Complete Investing.  If there are transactions missing you can either manually enter them or you can restore a recent backup file (from before when this Simple Investing issue showed up) and then run OSU, again, to get the transactions downloaded.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• leonard kearney
    thanks boats--
    changed the new account back to "complete" and reran the update - it did not return all schwab accounts to complete - only the one i updated.

i manually changed all schwab accounts to complete and reran the update - i got some very weird transactions - things like a stock added, then removed. I am going to have to audit my files - what a pain.

i will consider using a back up - sometimes an audit is useful for other reasons.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    i manually changed all schwab accounts to complete and reran the update - i got some very weird transactions - things like a stock added, then removed. I am going to have to audit my files - what a pain.

i will consider using a back up - sometimes an audit is useful for other reasons.
    Yep, those stock added/removed transactions are the result of the Simple Investing.  Fortunately, these "weird transactions" should be only for the specific download(s) while Simple Investing was in place.  Transactions before then should still be intact and accurate.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.