PNC Download Issue (QWIN)

Options

Answers

• unclebob1216
    unclebob1216 Member ✭✭
    Options
    WolfDaddy: The root problem is PNC,

It is not Quicken's fault when a PNC website does not respond. To verify me statement WolfDaddy can enter this URL into any browser and it will time out. https://www.pncvirtualwallet.com

Of course Quicken is not doing a terrific job either. Right now the following error message comes out when I try to reactive a PNC virtual wallet.
    Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)

They should have issued an emergency patch to their software so the message says
    "..... (t's not your fault. Also, if you are using PNC bank see this link https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7917346/pnc-download-issue
  • bw2
    bw2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone have a recommendation for the best Quicken bank?
  • jacksocj
    jacksocj Member ✭✭
    Options
    For 20 yrs no issue with Suntrust now Truist
  • iblvtoo
    iblvtoo Member ✭✭
    Options
    i think pnc could do a lot better job of communicating to us thn they have been, this is the third multi week outage i have experienced with them since i migrated from bbva. last time they did i set up new accounts with usaa meaning to move over but ever did. think tonight might be the night
  • ArnieF907
    ArnieF907 Member
    Options
    Waited until after 5:00 Pacific time and was able to successfully activate my PNC business account again, after deactivating it first.
  • Fleegle61
    Fleegle61 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well....I tried it tonight at 10:05PM EDT and it actually worked. Web Connect worked and I was able to update my 2 cards and my HELOC. Direct connect has always worked for me. So I guess there is some truth that the 10pm window is true!
  • unclebob1216
    unclebob1216 Member ✭✭
    Options
    waited until midnight EST.
    I now get
    Quicken's Online service is unavailable at this time. Please
    wait at least ten minutes, then try again.

and other errors. It is past my bedtime and I must sleep. Not that PNC cares
  • MrZipp
    MrZipp Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Waiting, waiting, waiting - Perhaps a solution soon?  A week now....
  • rdclawn
    rdclawn Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Worked at 10:15 EST last evening. Get the 505 error this morning at 8:35 8/13/22. Frustrating. At this point, I can work around the issue.
  • unclebob1216
    unclebob1216 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    on 8/12 at 11:45 PM EST PNC connection worked, but not solid. Other errors errors kept popping up.
    For instance the error pops up:
    "One payment account in the local data file was not present on the server and disabled."

While I researched the above error another error popped up:

"Quicken's Online service is unavailable at this time. Please wait at least ten minutes, then try again.
    We apologize for the inconvenience."

‭I wasted another hour on this cruddy junk and similar error messages but at 1:00 AM I was so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open so I gave up. It is now 8:00 AM, and I am wide awake on a beautiful Saturday morning.
    Unfortunately the PNC/quicken "Magic Hours" are 10 PM to 5 AM so further research will have to wait till Saturday night. And, who knows if the Magic Hours even apply on a weekend?

I am most unhappy.

--------- Separate question: "Should anyone use an older release ???" ------

Some folks have blamed the problems on the latest Quicken update which is Version R42.21 HF2 July, 2022.
    So I reinstalled and am now running Version R40.21 from April, 2022. It did not help.

I believe the root cause of the problem is the PNC server. But that server is not entirely broken. For instance the PNC PUBLIC web pages do not need "Magic Hours", they work fine throughout the whole day.

I can use them to fully access and modify all of my PNC accounts.
    But PNC is disabling some HIDDEN webpages like https://www.pncvirtualwallet.com. Those only work during the "Magic Hours"
  • DrWhooo
    DrWhooo Member
    Options
    I successfully updated after 10pm on 8/12. On 8/13 at 9:30 am, it doesn't work again. It looks like the earlier 10pm to 4am comment was accurate.
  • Robert S
    Robert S Member ✭✭
    Options
    The problem has existed for several days. Seems to have occurred with the latest Quicken update.
  • Fleegle61
    Fleegle61 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @RandyMarsh said:
    > I tried it at 8:30am EST just to see if it would work and getting the error message again that the site is unavailable. So looks like I will be updating after 10am EST to get updates until this is resolved.

I think you meant to say PM and not AM. So anything after 10PM EDT should work for you as it did for me.
  • wyattlittle1958
    Options
    I am still unable to update or connect to PNC within Quicken. Is there an ETA for this to be fixed
  • Mary Goenner
    Options
    I've been seeing the CC-501 error since 8/5 - hard to believe it takes over a week to fix this as I have seen it in the past, multiple times a year. Frustrating to pay for an application that keeps running into this type of problem.
  • jasonpbyu
    jasonpbyu Member ✭✭
    Options
    I find it absolutely ridiculous that Quicken is silent on this and users are having to do the leg work to find out it is being disabled during normal hours.
  • carlosclarkmd
    carlosclarkmd Member ✭✭
    Options
    Does anyone have any info on the inability to download transactions? This has been going on for several days now. I'm getting concerned about this timeframe. Each entity is blaming the other. Downloading transactions is a major part of my finances. The fact this is taking so long is quite disturbing.
  • hdmichaels
    hdmichaels Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have been trying day/night/middle of the night and nothing works. And now my sign in info was removed and when I type it in I still get the cc-501, but an error message that states “do not contact PNC bank-they cannot fix this problem. Been using quicken for well over 20 years and this has to be the MOST FRUSTRATING ISSUE I have encountered yet! 😡
  • System
    System Member admin
    Options
    This discussion was created from comments split from: PNC will no longer connect (QMAC).
  • SandsK
    SandsK Member ✭✭
    Options
    How about an update from Quicken? How long do we have to wait to get this fixed????? Why are we paying for this program if it's not doing what it's supposed to do. Get someone working on the problem and fix it please!
  • phatguy29
    phatguy29 Member
    Options
    From what I understand it is not a Quicken problem. I spoke with Kenny @ PNC customer service and he said that there is a licensing issue between Quicken and PNC. He said it should be resolved this weekend. Have to wait and see.
  • feobrien
    feobrien Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I did check last night. Indeed, it works if you run it after 10:00 p.m. ET. Very disappointed in PNC.
  • RVF
    RVF Member
    Options
    Just did the one-step update (3:30 pm EST) and it's weird: transactions in my accounts that use Direct Connect downloaded (although the Online Balance at the bottom did not update), but the accounts using Express Web Connect did not. No idea why or what that means.
  • System
    System Member admin
    Options
    This discussion was created from comments split from: PNC will no longer connect (QMAC).
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @RVF According to other posts here, PNC is only allowing Quicken connectivity during overnight hours after 10 pm (or 8 possibly pm) EDT.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • chriskay
    chriskay Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    jacobs said:
    @RVF According to other posts here, PNC is only allowing Quicken connectivity during overnight hours after 10 pm (or 8 possibly pm) EDT.
    An inconvenient truth...
  • unclebob1216
    unclebob1216 Member ✭✭
    Options
    >My Quicken guy said it was PNC's fault and "proved it" by pointing out the PNC webpage that is hanging.

>My PNC guy said it was a system stability issue and that PNC used the midnight time slot because it was a partial solution that provided daytime stability to other more critical systems.

And now @hdmichaels reports that Quicken actually has an error message that specifically states “do not contact PNC bank-they cannot fix this problem."

And @phatguy29 reports that Kenny @ PNC customer service and he said that there is a licensing issue between Quicken and PNC. He said it should be resolved this weekend.

If it really is a licensing issue I will be furious with BOTH PNC and Quicken because we have all been wasting our time trying workarounds that cannot possibly work.

I have never seen such a terrible case of contradictory finger pointing and misinformation and I have over 50 years experience as a computer engineer/system programmer/business developer/system administrator etc. 😡
  • bw2
    bw2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I sent a note to a PNC representative. They
  • bw2
    bw2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Why are no other banks affected?
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is what another financial aggregator (Personal Capital) is stating about PNC:

PNC Bank has informed us that their production environment is currently experiencing stability issues and PNC Bank has temporarily disabled access to all 3rd party aggregators, such as Personal Capital. PNC expects that this issue should be resolved by August 10th, but should this issue continue we will keep this article updated.

In the mean time please leave your accounts linked in their error state as this issue should resolve itself without your intervention.

Update: 8/11

We received an update from PNC Bank that unfortunately they expect to continue blocking traffic to their site from aggregators through the weekend. There is a small window during which aggregation refreshes may be successful, however as that time is from 10pm to 4am Eastern, this is not an ideal situation for many users. While this is a block put in place by PNC Bank, our aggregation team is still in discussion with the team at PNC and we hope there will be a resolution soon. 

This discussion has been closed.