Reports Customization Not Working

jtgostars
jtgostars Member ✭✭
edited September 10 in Reports (Windows)
I tried to build an Investments Transactions report to track my distributions. I built the report but when I try to add a security memo filter matching "=..Partial.." (without the quotes) I get results that should not be included, i.e. that do not contain the phrase Partial.

I have tried all possible forms of the matching regex as suggested by Quicken here; https://help.quicken.com/m/mobile.action#page/3216908 and have tried using Selected Securities Only and All Securities. I get the exact same results

Relevant screen shots attached

Comments

  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 6
    It looks like the Help you are viewing is for a different product.

    In QWin, if you want to see transactions with the string "partial" in the memo, just put "partial" without the quotes in the Memo contains box. It is not case sensitive.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like the Help you are viewing is for a different product.
    Actually, https://help.quicken.com/m/mobile.action#page/3216908 when viewed using a smartphone
    is the same page (note the pageId) but different URL when viewed from a desktop browser:
    https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216908

    Keeping it simple seems to be the best solution. I haven't tested the match characters logic because I don't have enough securities transactions to test all combinations.

  • jtgostars
    jtgostars Member ✭✭
    > @Jim_Harman said:
    > It looks like the Help you are viewing is for a different product.
    >
    > In QWin, if you want to see transactions with the string "partial" in the memo, just put "partial" without the quotes in the Memo contains box. It is not case sensitive.

    Thanks Jim but as I mentioned I did try multiple "regex" tests based on what information I was able to find on customizing Quicken Windows reports. And I did try both Partial and partial (without quotes) and still got the exact same result (screen shots attached)

    I don't know if this is related since there is some "filtering" occurring just not the expected results but I did also now notice that even though I click the "Save Report" button after adding the memo filter when I open the report again the filter phrase is not showing but the report is showing the incorrect filtered results. Again not sure if this is related but I also noticed "Memo" is not one of the columns offered for the report.

    I therefore also tried using Partial and partial in the Security filter thinking maybe the description which also includes the phrase might be part of that. I got no results at all but when I reopened the report this time the filter phrase was saved in the Security box. So it does seem there is definitely some sort of defect occurring in my mind related to trying to use a "Memo" filter
This discussion has been closed.