Citi Bank Not connecting

Options
vtkusa
vtkusa Member
I tried to connect to Citi Bank. For the few weeks there is an ongoing issue. Do we know the status ?

Comments

• vtkusa
    vtkusa Member
    Options
    CC-502 with Citibank
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    vtkusa said:
    CC-502 with Citibank
    Hello @vtkusa

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by this problem with the CC-502 error message. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

Currently, there is an Open Alert regarding CitiBank and error messages of this kind. You can follow the thread linked here for additional details and any future updates.

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • ToniBarr
    ToniBarr Member
    Options
    Citi Bank cc-502 error continues to be a problem. Tried to download yesterday and today and continue to get the same error code.
  • Occassional-User
    Occassional-User Unconfirmed, Member
    Options
    I am having a CC-502 with Citi Card for 6 weeks now. What is the status of your escalation? Should we be complaining to Citibank as well
  • jefffost
    Options
    My first Citi card was not able to syc with Quicken for +/- 3 months. Now that it is finally syncing again, my wife's Citi card (other account) has been down for 6+ weeks. Is there a way for Quicken to help escalate a fix. Can't reconcile anything when data cannot be downloaded....
  • qmac_scott
    qmac_scott Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @vtkusa
    >
    > I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by this problem with the CC-502 error message. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.
    >
    > Currently, there is an Open Alert regarding CitiBank and error messages of this kind. You can follow the thread linked here for additional details and any future updates.
    >
    > I hope this is helpful.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

According to this thread, the issue has been ongoing for 6 months. That is a pretty ridiculous amount of time for downloads to be broken with no fix. If this is not fixed soon you need to start giving subscription extensions to be affected people.
  • qmac_scott
    qmac_scott Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Jasmine I just spoke to someone who gave me instructions to fix this, and they worked. I hope it is a permanent fix, but either way it should be shared with the community to the page you post to every week to help them reconnect to citi accounts. I won't post the instructions here since they are only for Mac, but they involve disabling downloads, logging out of quicken, deleting the saved password from the keychain, then re-enabling. Thanks.
  • wamurray1923
    Options
    The way to fix all the Quicken connection problems? Don't renew, the development seems chaotic and out of control. I'm not getting a warm fuzzy that this software team can manage the security.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Jasmine I just spoke to someone who gave me instructions to fix this, and they worked. I hope it is a permanent fix, but either way it should be shared with the community to the page you post to every week to help them reconnect to citi accounts. I won't post the instructions here since they are only for Mac, but they involve disabling downloads, logging out of quicken, deleting the saved password from the keychain, then re-enabling. Thanks.
    So, translated into Quicken-for-Windows-speak, this would be:
    • Deactivate all accounts with this bank, including any which are still active, but no longer used or closed at the bank and hidden.
    • Backup your Quicken data file.
    • Close and restart Quicken.
    • Using the Tools / Add Account process reactivate all accounts, making sure to Link accounts found at the bank to existing account registers correctly: Change "ADD" option to "LINK", click "LINK" and select desired account register from popup selection list. Do not link to incorrect register or let Q create new register. You won't like the results.
  • AZLar
    AZLar Member
    Options
    Something happened at Citi about a month ago that caused me to have to re-create a password for my account on Citi's web access tools. I neglected to update my Quicken vault password to the newly created City password at that time.

Then, since I had a couple downloaded transactions that were not yet accepted Quicken wouldn't let me "reset" the account (this is in Windows Deluxe). And, the instructions re 502 errors here in Quicken community tell you NOT to reset the account due to 502 errors or risk causing other problems. But, I thought once I found a message I created in my password password manager that Citi had forced me to create a new password I theorized that this was the cause of the 502.

So, I accepted the pair of not yet accepted downloaded transactions, which then allowed me to do Quicken's Citi account reset, which came back asking for new credentials and "showing" the old password in vault indeed showed it as my old City password--NOT the new password created a month ago. I updated to the new Citi Password and it finally completed a connect and download of recent transactions.

I also had that citi.com/datamanagement window running (which allows a 10 minute window for outside apps to access your Citi account via the web) while doing all the above so I'm not sure if that was also required as part of the Quicken account reset...

What a headache that Quicken (and/or Citi) hasn't done a better job of explaining what these cryptic error numbers actually mean and not just hiding behind a "we're working on this diligently" repeating post for months and months..

I expect better than this for a paid subscription software product... sigh...
This discussion has been closed.