PNC will no longer connect (QMAC)

teryg
teryg Member ✭✭
I have been getting the error below consistently since yesterday, from my PNC Virtual Wallet accounts. I'm running the most recent version of Quicken. I found suggestions in other threads to log out of Quicken then back in, which I did. That did not work. I found a suggestion to change from Quicken Connect to Direct Connect but I'm not given that option. Even change connection type just puts me back in Quicken Connect. The website itself work fine.

Error is "FI_WEBSITE_UNAVAILABLE FDP-105:URL. PNC is blocking Intuit between 4 AM PST-5 PM PST" errors since yesterday, even outside of those hours."

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

Thank you for taking the time to join this discussion and to share that you are also experiencing this issue. 

We do now have an Active Alert regarding online banking issues with PNC. You may follow this link to access the alert where you may bookmark the alert in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

We do apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    "PNC is blocking Intuit between 4 AM PST-5 PM PST"

Maybe the IT folks at PNC went home for the weekend and forgot to turn it back on! ;) 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • nsadawi
    nsadawi Member
    Same problem, and it's after 5pm PST. I'm hoping @jacobs is on to something and it will be back up on Monday. Otherwise I'll be giving PNC a call...
  • teryg
    teryg Member ✭✭
    I messaged Quicken tech support. They said wait 24-48 hours and try again. It had already been 24 hours, but I'll try again tomorrow, after the 48 hours have passed.
  • EKNAPP
    EKNAPP Member ✭✭
    Hi, anyone else receiving this? I tried to update my account yesterday (8/6) at 8am EST and received this message. So I waited until today (now 8/7 at 7am EST) and am receiving the same message, 24 hours later. So apparently PNC and Intuit is still arguing. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?
  • qchief
    qchief Member ✭✭
    QuickenMac 6.8.3, downloads unavailable from PNC. Since updating haven't been able to download PNC transactions.
  • teryg
    teryg Member ✭✭
    Someone in the Windows forum said:

> For those of you who are experiencing these issues with Web Connect:  I encourage you to report the problem to Quicken either by Phone or Chat (https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support) or via Help > Report a Problem (be sure to attach the log files).  The more people who report this problem the more likely it will help to raise the priority level and the more information they receive the more likely they will be able to definitively identify the cause and the corrective action.

It's still happening this morning. I reported it and attached the log.
  • Net-time
    Net-time Member
    Yes I'm having the same problem too.
  • QknF
    QknF Member ✭✭
    Same here. It's odd that the error message says "Intuit", since Quicken is no longer part of that company. Maybe that's how Quicken is still identified in PNC's system, though. In any event, I'm going to wait until tomorrow and see if this is resolved before calling PNC. I would be quite unhappy if direct download with PNC stopped working indefinitely, enough to consider changing banks.
  • jacobs
    @QknF Actually, Quicken still employs Intuit to handle all financial institution connectivity. when there's a connectivity outage, Quicken notifies Intuit, and they're the ones who update their connection code and/or work with the financial institution.  
  • jacobs
    edited August 2022
  • RandyMarsh
    RandyMarsh Member ✭✭
    I contacted support and here's their response:

We have an alert because PNC bank is making some changes on their servers and they are blocking Quicken in the process. This situation was already escalated and we are currently working with PNC Bank to resolve this problem, so please give us some time. We expect to have this fixed this week, but as the changes are taking place on their end, we don't really have an estimated time.
  • RandyMarsh
    RandyMarsh Member ✭✭
    I contacted Support and here is their response:

We have an alert because PNC bank is making some changes on their servers and they are blocking Quicken in the process. This situation was already escalated and we are currently working with PNC Bank to resolve this problem, so please give us some time. We expect to have this fixed this week, but as the changes are taking place on their end, we don't really have an estimated time.
  • teryg
    teryg Member ✭✭
    I downloaded QFX files from PNC, thinking I could import the transactions. When I went to do that, Quicken acted like my PNC accounts in Quicken did not exist--probably related to the connection problem. Quicken wanted to add the PNC accounts as new accounts. So, no import. I don't want to add manually because I think that will cause duplicate transactions when we can reconnect. I guess we just wait.
  • jacobs
    You can go ahead and let Quicken create the new account, and import the transactions. Then, select them all — or more likely, just those in the time period you want so you don’t get duplicates — and drag-and-drop all the selected transactions onto your existing account to move them. Finally, delete the new account, which is either empty or contains the duplicate transactions you didn’t copy into your main PNC account. 

That shouldn’t take long, although checking carefully to avoid moving duplicates, or weeding them out after the move, might take a bit of time, depending how many transactions are involved.

That said, if this is just for an outage of a few days, it may not be worth it if they’re going to have it fixed within a few more days.
  • JohnN
    JohnN Member ✭✭
    I have 4 accounts with PNC Bank, all of which have been unable to connect to Quicken since August 3, 2022. I keep getting "Download Error (-28) FI_WEBSITE_UAVAILABLE:FDP-105:URL"
    PNC is blocking Intuit between 4 AM PST - 5 PM PST
    I have tried Updating Login for the Accounts, but unable to. Quicken either 'Hangs" or Crashes.
  • JohnN
    JohnN Member ✭✭
    I haven't been able to connect to PNC, since last Wednesday (Aug 3). I don't believe it's on PNC's end, most likely on Intuit / Quicken. There was an update to Quicken recently, that might have caused a security issue, but Intuit / Quicken is usually on top of things.
  • JohnN
    JohnN Member ✭✭
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7917363/pnc-will-no-longer-connect/p1

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7917407/8-7-22-pnc-is-blocking-intuit-between-4-am-pst-5-pm-pst/p1
  • jacobs
    @JohnN It definitely is, or at least started as, a PNC issue. Whether it's now waiting for PNC to take further action or Intuit to take corrective action to catch up to changes made by PNC is a level of detail we almost never get information about. The good thing is that its'a known issue and is being worked on. Some such issues are resolved within a day or two, some take a week, and some take longer. In this case, in one of the other PNC threads, a user reported talking to Quicken Support and being told it's expected to be fixed sometime this week.
  • JohnN
    JohnN Member ✭✭
    @jacobs Thank You for reaching out. I’ve tried calling Quicken, but haven’t been able to get through. My next stop was going to be PNC.

There was a recent update to Quicken, I’m assuming something got missed. Probably new security changes at PNC, that Quicken missed or is trying to catch up.

I hope it gets resolved soon.
  • teryg
    teryg Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the instructions. They said they thought they'd have it fixed this week, so I think I'll wait a few days before doing this.
  • jacobs
    @JohnN Quicken phone support isn't open on the weekend, but they'll be open tomorrow from 8 am to 8 pm Eastern time.

JohnN said:
    There was a recent update to Quicken, I’m assuming something got missed.
    It's possible… but I'd say it's unlikely. Program updates to Quicken almost never affect specific financial institutions; almost always, connectivity issues are in the back-end, between Quicken, Intuit and the financial institution. 

We know from the error message that PNC was blocking Quicken on Friday afternoon. That's a PNC action, and nothing Quicken can do other than contact them about the issue.

As another user reported in the link I posted above, they were told this by Quicken Support: "We have an alert because PNC bank is making some changes on their servers and they are blocking Quicken in the process. This situation was already escalated and we are currently working with PNC Bank to resolve this problem, so please give us some time. We expect to have this fixed this week, but as the changes are taking place on their end, we don't really have an estimated time."

You can spend time on the phone with Quicken and/or PNC, but my suggestion is that side this is something known to all the parties and being worked on, it's probably not a good investment of your time to chase down the same answer. I'd give it another day or two and see if there is any update to the situation. 
  • Paul Gerardi
    Paul Gerardi Member ✭✭
    Is there a problem with PNC & connection & download issues? Have been getting the same error for days: Download Error (-28) FI_Website_Unaavilable:FDP-105 URL
  • mgwt
    mgwt Unconfirmed, Member
    me too!!
  • draimist
    draimist Member ✭✭
    Glad I am not the only one. Interesting though, it is only impacting my car loan and overdraft (line of credit) accounts. All checking and savings work fine. I hope it is resolved quickly
  • Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• This is not the first time I have problems linking with my PNC accounts....Intuit needs to improve this feature with their software so it doesn't continue.....
  • teryg
    teryg Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    > @Steeler Country said:
    > This is not the first time I have problems linking with my PNC accounts....Intuit needs to improve this feature with their software so it doesn't continue.....

I don't think it's just Intuit. Some of this falls on PNC. I stopped using my PNC credit card because it does not work with Quicken and the people I talked to at PNC in the department that supposedly supports this kind of thing had no clue how it worked. It was downloading duplicates (same exact transaction but with a different date) and all other kinds of garbage. Took longer to clean up every download than it would have taken to manually enter every single transaction.

Easiest solution was to switch the credit card to a different bank, so that's what I did.

But the fix, whatever it is, might fall to Intuit.
  • you could be right but we are heavily committed to PNC with multiple accounts and don't wish to make any changes in that regard....this problem has been corrected in the past and with all the complaints Quicken is receiving I am hopeful they and PNC will work it out soon..thanks for the feedback
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

Thank you for taking the time to join this discussion and to share that you are also experiencing this issue. 

We do now have an Active Alert regarding online banking issues with PNC. You may follow this link to access the alert where you may bookmark the alert in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

We do apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• draimist
    draimist Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    @quicken Jasmine - is "8/8/22 PNC Bank - Web Connect CC-505/105" the same error that we are all seeing? Notably "FI_WEBSITE_UNAVAILABLE FDP-105:URL. PNC is blocking Intuit between 4 AM PST-5 PM PST"? I see the "105" but that is all that seems the same. Just want to make sure. Thank you
This discussion has been closed.