Can I install an older version - like Q2011 ?

Options
J Mike
J Mike Member
I'm using Quicken 2018. I don't like it. I have the disk for deluxe 2011. How do I install that and convert my data back?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    It is my understanding that your 2018 data file is not compatible with Quicken 2011.  If you want, you can try to find a CD of Quicken 2016 or Quicken 2017 (the last 2 years of pre-subscription Quicken) and install that.  The 2018 data file will be compatible with them.
    Added Comment:  If you install Quicken 2016 you will be prompted to sign in with your Intuit UserID and since Intuit no longer owns Quicken you will not be successful doing that.  Instead, after installing it download and install the latest Mondo patch for it from Quicken 2016 Patches - QuicknPerlWiz.  That will update the Quicken 2016 installation to call out for your Quicken UserID and PW.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can try to install the old version but you won't be able to use your current data file.  Quicken is not backwards compatible unless you go just go back to 2016 or 2017.   You would have to restore a backup from 2011.  

If you install an older version, One of the SuperUsers has posted the update patches for older versions (2000 and newer) of Quicken

http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-patches-us.html

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One additional comment:  If your current installation is an active subscription and you use any online services (such as downloading transactions) you will lose that capability with any Quicken 2017 or earlier program you install because support for those earlier programs ended 3 yrs after the date of the program.  You will still be able to use Quicken but all transaction updates will need to be manually entered.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.