American Express Downloading someone else's transactions

bumble15
bumble15 Member ✭✭
I updated my American Express credit card account today and received a Quicken error saying that my account did not synchronize. I'm not sure what that meant exactly but after reviewing what was downloaded, I found that my balance would not reconcile. A search of unreconciled transactions revealed 3 identical payments made to "CVS Caremark" bearing today's date but buried among transactions from 2014. I have no idea where these came from. Anybody know what's going on?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Hi @bumble15 .  This is truly an odd issue.  I suggest that you report this issue to Quicken (Help > Report a Problem) making sure to attach the log files.  And if you would identify the specific payments in question it will help the Quicken Team to troubleshoot this.  You won't get a response from Quicken regarding this but they will be looking into it.  (BTW, the Quicken Team has been informed of this issue so Report a Problem will be quite helpful to them.  You can even copy and paste the URL for this thread in the report you send to them.)
    Alternatively, you could try to contact Quicken Support via Call or Chat (https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support).

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• bumble15
    bumble15 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the recommendation, @Boatnmaniac. So today I check on my Quicken American Express register and find that the 3 payments to CVS Caremark (3 identical payments exceeding $67,000 each) have disappeared without any action on my part! BTW, on 8/12 when this anomaly occurred, I deactivated the account (something I typically do when Quicken won't sync) but did not reactivate. I also checked my American Express account on-line to be sure nothing squirrely was going on there (looked fine).
    I know I was not imagining those spurious CVS payments because I took a screen shot of the register.
    Anyways, things seem to be fine now and the balance is now correct. I'm not going to be in a hurry to re-activate the account. I've got a feeling something behind the scenes has or is being worked on.
This discussion has been closed.